Vw T3 van 1800 8v?

Tony777
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 11 months

Vw T3 van 1800 8v?

Post by Tony777 »

Hey guys

I have just purchased an 1800 8v vw t3 van. It runs the short block 8v motor out of a jetta just laid a little further over with a different intake, sump and a few other things I believe.

I'm no stranger to engines and building quick motors but I am new to VWs so I figured I'd post a message up on the forum to see what you guys make of this. These vans normally came with 5cyls from an audi etc, and the 1800 was seen as a bit of a runt in comparison but I know that 8valves can make some good power.

Now thankfully, they geared this van short, so I'm already happy with the torque the motor makes, I'd just like a liiiiiittle bit more power. The exhaust has a bit of a leak that goes away when she warms up nicely, so I'm thinking the stock manifold and complete system will be replaced soon with something else.. TMSS maybe can do a stainless exhaust for me..

What's everyone's opinions for a good torquey setup on these 1800s?

Has anyone played with their T3 1800?

Thanks in advance, here are some pics of the van and said slanty 8v.

Regards, Tony ImageImageImage

Sent from my BV9500Plus using Tapatalk

bigZ
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Vw T3 van 1800 8v?

Post by bigZ »

Hi Tony

Nice van.
I have one, i have made mine into fuel injection which is a bit more power, but its quite a bit of money to do it, i ended up doing it all for just over R5000.00.