2l 8v uflow with side drafts

Wikus mk1 rabbit
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years

2l 8v uflow with side drafts

Post by Wikus mk1 rabbit »

Hey guys I'm new to the world of vw . I currently bought a 1986 golf gl with a 2l 8v and it's currently running 40mm deloter side drafts and I want to get a plenum or filters that will stop dust or dirt from the road to enter the head .

I'm located in somerset west western cape and I was wondering if anybody on this form knows where I'll be able to get a plenum made that won't break the bank or where I can buy filters made to fit the sides .

Any help will be really appreciated 🙏🏻
Senna
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Car Make: VW,BMW
Car Model: MK5 GTi/CrossCaddy/325iS
Membership No: 3101

Re: 2l 8v uflow with side drafts

Post by Senna »

Hi and welcome
Try master parts or Dave Ingle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wikus mk1 rabbit
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years

Post by Wikus mk1 rabbit »

Hi thank you so much I appreciate the help . I've been considering going mp9 also but installing a loom and wiring seems like a huge job for me and going fuel injection will need quiet abit of parts . What would you advise I do ?

Cause the car was originally a carb and was motor swapped and I currently have the 2e 2l 8v motor with the side drafts .

I would like to daily the car and I love the sound of the side drafts so I don't really want to go fuel injection .

My other option is to either go crossflow but I know i will need to do a few things to the head for it to run properly.
Senna
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Car Make: VW,BMW
Car Model: MK5 GTi/CrossCaddy/325iS
Membership No: 3101

Post by Senna »

For MP9 u will need loom fuel tank pump air box(if u want the factory look) factory computer box or Dictator. Or u can go throttle bodies and u get the same carb sound. For a daily I’d go injection setup more reliable I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
headworks#1
Enlisted
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by headworks#1 »

Hi I got a set of Plenums ( Bosal cast alumium spcialy for Golf Mk1) that was used used on the GTi race cars you connect a long duct pipe and Cone filter in front .I moved to X flow so no more space for it