Not finding pistons for 2l 8v

LeeDouglas
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 9 months

Not finding pistons for 2l 8v

Post by LeeDouglas »

Help needed please!!

I am not able to find 83.5 40thou oversized pistons on 2l 8v 2E golf motor i have tried numerous spares shops without any luck . All of them told me it has been discontinued . Apparently you get 2 different lenghts in the pistons . One being 52mm and the other 62/3 mm i need the 52 mm piston.

Is there a different piston that i can use that will be a straight fit ?
Or do i resleeve ?
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi ADY

Re: Not finding pistons for 2l 8v

Post by chucker02 »

I bought pistons from midas for my 2e. 83.5 Arco pistons. Engine parts sells them aswell
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
LeeDouglas
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 9 months

Post by LeeDouglas »

Al the places i have tried does not have the correct length piston . Including midas,alert ,goldwagen ,autozone, masterparts they can get me the longer piston but not the shorter one i need.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

LeeDouglas wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:07 am Al the places i have tried does not have the correct length piston . Including midas,alert ,goldwagen ,autozone, masterparts they can get me the longer piston but not the shorter one i need.
Maybe mention where you located so that we can assist better.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.