Dicktator Launch Control setup and wiring

Jrmunger199
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Dicktator Launch Control setup and wiring

Post by Jrmunger199 »

Hi guys,

I just need some help regarding setting up launch control on my Dicktator, settings are as follows in the pictures, I assume it is setup correctly, however I am unsure as how to wire it up regarding switches and which wires go where, any help will be appreciated.
I’ve tried using the POT wire to one pole on the switch, and then the 5v wire to the other pole on the switch, but does not work. The switch only has 2 poles.

Dicktator Version: 16
STD Dicktator
ImageImage
Last edited by Jrmunger199 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rudi46
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 5 months
Car Make: Nike
Car Model: Walk and see more
Membership No: missing

Re: Dicktator Launch Control setup and wiring

Post by Rudi46 »

Standard Dicktator does not have launch control, needs to be added when ECU is taken to them.
If I remember correctly the wiring, just checked on the website, its just a normally open switch wired between RED/White wire and Green/Yellow on the Dicktator.
Current - 1994 VW Caddy 1.8i
EX - 05 Audi A3 Sportback DSG 2TDI
Ex - 01 VW Golf MK4 TDi Estate
Ex - 00 Triumph Sprint ST(Stollen)
Ex - 83 Caddy
Ex - 02 Audi S3
Ex - Kartcraft Kestrel beach Buggy
Ex - 98 Golf Chico 2L
Ex - 01 Golf 4 Tdi
Ex - 92 Citi shuttle 2L
Ex - 90 Yamaha FZR1000
Ex - 90 Honda CBR400
Ex - 03 Honda NSR150SP
Jrmunger199
Cadet

Post by Jrmunger199 »

Rudi46 wrote:Standard Dicktator does not have launch control, needs to be added when ECU is taken to them.
If I remember correctly the wiring, just checked on the website, its just a normally open switch wired between RED/White wire and Green/Yellow on the Dicktator.
Okay sweet thank you, I’ve heard stories that the new Dicktator STD boxes had it built in, but maybe not, I had it wired in right then maybe doesn’t have it, will send it through to Dicktator and see what they sayImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyG
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 1 month

Post by MickeyG »

Hey Gents.

I've got a worked 2l 8v throttles, running it with dicktator Std.
I just want to know how to install 2 step on it? or what extra I must get to make it work? or where I can activate it. my location is cape town. Would appreciate it
Jrmunger199
Cadet

Post by Jrmunger199 »

MickeyG wrote:Hey Gents.

I've got a worked 2l 8v throttles, running it with dicktator Std.
I just want to know how to install 2 step on it? or what extra I must get to make it work? or where I can activate it. my location is cape town. Would appreciate it
Dicktator std had to be sent it to Chris Dicks to have launch added to the ecu, there’s just 2 wires that it runs to on the ecu, I’ll find the pin outs and let you know, but I had the same thing with std, ecu has to be sent in and IIRC it costs R850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk