Dicktator on polo vivo

Nqobilay86
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Dicktator on polo vivo

Post by Nqobilay86 »

Hi guys, please assist, I have recently installed dicktator 60-2 on my polo vivo but since installation, my idle is not stable and car stalls and late response to acceleration and does not go above 3000 revs. So car is very boring since this management system installation. Can anyone please help with a good dicktator installer and tunner I'm in Pretoria. The guy who installed my system is telling me that Dicktator does not have throttle wires / drive by wires so he suggests I convert to drive by cable of which I do not think it's a good idea, hence I'm looking for someone else who knows what they are doing with dicktator.
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi ADY

Re: Dicktator on polo vivo

Post by chucker02 »

Couple of questions, why did you put a dictator on your vivo? Was it tuned properly? Sounds like a tuning issue to me. You know some people do remap the vivo ecu if you were looking for more power?
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
Nqobilay86
Enlisted

Post by Nqobilay86 »

My ecu had problems and my mechanic advised me to install dicktatoramd this is the same guy who installed it and he took me to Performance Art for running,. They all agreed that I used drive by cable, which I don't think is right, so I don't wanna work with these guys anymore hence I'm asking for someone else
Nqobilay86
Enlisted

Post by Nqobilay86 »

I think he advised dicktator because he saw I had Branches And free flow, I didn't even know About management, he started Explaining that I will have more power etc. And I was sold. Lol
Shakes1472
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk7 GTI

Post by Shakes1472 »

Hi. Can you please tell me which dicktator box was installed into your vivo and how much it cost you? I am also having issues with my vivo and think the best option is dicktator
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Shakes1472 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:25 am Hi. Can you please tell me which dicktator box was installed into your vivo and how much it cost you? I am also having issues with my vivo and think the best option is dicktator
2 year thread revival since last post.

Have a look on Dicktators website, they have dbw ecu too now if you want Dicktator or you can opt for another make with dbw too.

It is all up to you and who ever will be installing and tune this for you.
Shakes1472
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk7 GTI

Post by Shakes1472 »

Thank you