Remove the Tappet caver off a Polo 1.4 2013

Phillip8010
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 11 months

Remove the Tappet caver off a Polo 1.4 2013

Post by Phillip8010 »

Good Day

I am looking for some assistants please I need to remove the top cover of the tapper cover of my Polo
I have loosen all the bolts and remove them now the cover does not want to come of its like something in the inside is holding it still

it rocks back and forth now but cant seem to get it of, please can ask if someone can help and explan how to get it off.

Thanks
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Remove the Tappet caver off a Polo 1.4 2013

Post by missioner »

Phillip8010 wrote:Good Day

I am looking for some assistants please I need to remove the top cover of the tapper cover of my Polo
I have loosen all the bolts and remove them now the cover does not want to come of its like something in the inside is holding it still

it rocks back and forth now but cant seem to get it of, please can ask if someone can help and explan how to get it off.

Thanks
Oh Duck, another one.

Boy you have just opened a massive can of worms.

The thing you have loosened is your cambox and your valve timing is now shot to hell.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START YOUR ENGINE!!!!!!!

If you are on the East Rand look up Panic's Place and have a chat with Stefan or Rinus. Then phone around for a tow truck to get your car there.

If you are in KZN Greater Durban area, then call DubCorp. Same applies, tow truck or trailer etc.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+