Polo 6 2011 1.6 climate control

Zaycium
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Polo 6 2011 1.6 climate control

Post by Zaycium »

Hi hope anyone can assist me with my problem. I purchased a polo 6 2011 when attending a auction and noticed that only the aircon works and not the heater. Checked the fuses and everything works in place. I decided to strip the dials and check maybe a loose connection coz the knob turns freely without any effort. After stripping I noticed theres no cable connection behind the dial. I have checked everywhere and can't seem to find any cable laying arnd and normally it's quite visible on other vehicles and by the look of it someone definitely stripped it before. I've been to a few spare shops and receiving different information telling me that it is a digital connection so I should c a auto electrician and the other saying it is a cable connection. Now I'm totally confused and dnt Wana waste unnecessary cash. Please help
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Polo 6 2011 1.6 climate control

Post by Jetta2 »

It it number 4 or number 5 on this diagram:

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/za/polo+ ... 19-819040/
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Zaycium
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 1 month

Post by Zaycium »

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to purchased the cable from VW number 4 on the diagram. I can connect the 1 end of the cable to the dial but can't seem to find where the other end connects to. Is it visible
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by mellos »

Zaycium wrote:Hi hope anyone can assist me with my problem. I purchased a polo 6 2011 when attending a auction and noticed that only the aircon works and not the heater. Checked the fuses and everything works in place. I decided to strip the dials and check maybe a loose connection coz the knob turns freely without any effort. After stripping I noticed theres no cable connection behind the dial. I have checked everywhere and can't seem to find any cable laying arnd and normally it's quite visible on other vehicles and by the look of it someone definitely stripped it before. I've been to a few spare shops and receiving different information telling me that it is a digital connection so I should c a auto electrician and the other saying it is a cable connection. Now I'm totally confused and dnt Wana waste unnecessary cash. Please help
Have you checked whether they perhaps bypassed the heater core, there are 2 pipes that normally protrude from the middle of the firewall in the engine bay, possible the heater core was leaking and they used a piece of pipe to join the 2 rubber hoses together therefore bypassing it, if this is the case you need to replace the heater core and put the 2 hoses back on and wala your heater will work, if there is no place for a cable to fit may mean it's an electronic set up.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk