No clutch on polo 6r

mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

No clutch on polo 6r

Post by mellos »

I'm having a problem with my polo 6r, the gears were a little stiff for a while then today the clutch went completely and it got stuck in gear, rocked the car back and forth to get it out of gear.Once the engine is running the car cannot go into gear,with the engine off the gears feel normal.I tried bleeding the clutch but it is even softer than before and feels like no pressure at all.With the nipple open on the slave cylinder and pumping the clutch pedal there is no brake/clutch fluid coming out at all. A question, is there a cylinder on the clutch pedal inside the car? There are no visible leaks at any of the cylinders so I'm not sure whether it is the cylinders that are stuffed,car mileage is on 124000kms and it is a 2011 model. Can it be the clutch and pressure plate or release bearing, need some help here guys please.Anyone else experience this and how did you'll solve it?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

mellos
Cadet

Re: No clutch on polo 6r

Post by mellos »

mellos wrote:I'm having a problem with my polo 6r, the gears were a little stiff for a while then today the clutch went completely and it got stuck in gear, rocked the car back and forth to get it out of gear.Once the engine is running the car cannot go into gear,with the engine off the gears feel normal.I tried bleeding the clutch but it is even softer than before and feels like no pressure at all.With the nipple open on the slave cylinder and pumping the clutch pedal there is no brake/clutch fluid coming out at all. A question, is there a cylinder on the clutch pedal inside the car? There are no visible leaks at any of the cylinders so I'm not sure whether it is the cylinders that are stuffed,car mileage is on 124000kms and it is a 2011 model. Can it be the clutch and pressure plate or release bearing, need some help here guys please.Anyone else experience this and how did you'll solve it?

Stripped the pedal out there is a master cylinder on the pedal tested it when it was out no pressure will go in tomorrow and get a new one

mellos
Cadet

Re: No clutch on polo 6r

Post by mellos »

mellos wrote:
mellos wrote:I'm having a problem with my polo 6r, the gears were a little stiff for a while then today the clutch went completely and it got stuck in gear, rocked the car back and forth to get it out of gear.Once the engine is running the car cannot go into gear,with the engine off the gears feel normal.I tried bleeding the clutch but it is even softer than before and feels like no pressure at all.With the nipple open on the slave cylinder and pumping the clutch pedal there is no brake/clutch fluid coming out at all. A question, is there a cylinder on the clutch pedal inside the car? There are no visible leaks at any of the cylinders so I'm not sure whether it is the cylinders that are stuffed,car mileage is on 124000kms and it is a 2011 model. Can it be the clutch and pressure plate or release bearing, need some help here guys please.Anyone else experience this and how did you'll solve it?

Stripped the pedal out there is a master cylinder on the pedal tested it when it was out no pressure will go in tomorrow and get a new one

Turns out that the clutch master cylinder and clutch plate needed to be replaced thanks for the advice guys, car is back on the road