Polo 6 Comfort line 1.6

Sleven Kalevra
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Polo 6 Comfort line 1.6

Post by Sleven Kalevra »

Hi Guys,

just looking for some advise, I've been driving my polo for 3 years now and its stock standard, gotten to the point where im way to use to its current response and performance so after doing some research and chatting to a few grease monkeys N/A engines are not that fond/popular to work on but was recommended a few mods

* Branches
* Exhaust
* Filter
* Uni-Q Chip
* Decat

and a tune after all mods are done, so just want to get some advise form the group will i see/feel a difference after doing this and whats the best places in Cape Town to have this done for good value for money

Thanks
Amith11
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years 2 months
Car Make: DUH !!!
Car Model: MK7 GTI
Membership No: 1545

Re: Polo 6 Comfort line 1.6

Post by Amith11 »

Hey,

Personally I would not do any of the above.
Bang for buck it’s not worth it in a n/a vehicle.
Branches, filter and exhaust might help the a$$ dyno and make more noise.
MK 7 GTi
(Daily)
amith.singh@icloud.com

Lost Loves:
Mk4 Tdi Wagon
MK4 TDi
Mk4 GTI .:R (True Love)
MK3 Cabriolette 2.0l Exec
Mk2 GTI 1.8 8V
Mk1 Caddy
Mk1 GTS (4door)
PoloB
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO 6S

Post by PoloB »

I did a software remap on mine not a moerse difference like a turbo would make but it has a lot more torque than it used to so makes robot to robot a bit more fun, still need to change my free flow & branch though but not a complete waste of money.

If you have not gotten used to driving cars with turbos on you would definitely feel a difference but like I said not a moerse diffirence.

I am happy I did the software remap as it made my car more fun to drive in traffic so for me it was no waste of money.

I think most people are to used to turbo power they don't notice the small kw increases anymore in a normal aspirated car :yawn: :driving:
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
17 Inch A-Line Spree wheels
PoloB
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO 6S

Post by PoloB »

Personally I would scrap the idea of doing the UniQ chip as they give lots of hassles and are unreliable and cause other issues when they eventually bug out.
Rather stick with original stuff and just do a remap on the existing ecu. Makes a difference and can't be picked up by the dealer if they don't do a life cycle
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
17 Inch A-Line Spree wheels