2007 1.4 BLM workshop manual

Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Polo 9N3 2007 hatch

2007 1.4 BLM workshop manual

Post by Quinton Blm 1.4 »

Hey guys....... please can someone tell me where i can download a workshop manual for my polo.....9N BLM 1.4 petrol......i have an oil leak and can't find the leak! please any assistance would be deeply appreciated.....
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2007 1.4 BLM workshop manual

Post by panic-mechanic »

Unsure as to how a workshop manual will assist with telling you where a leak is?.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Clean the engine and then trace / track leak. Not difficult.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

or leave it as is. The area that is caked with oil and dirt is NOT where it leak. The clean area where there is dirt around but a clean section is where it is leaking
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

I noticed on the engines that the Tappet cover/cam cover tends to sweat especially If it has been opened before - bolt threads strip very very easily if not tightened down in a sequence

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted

Re: 2007 1.4 BLM Exhaust heat problem

Hey Guys.
Thanks for all the tips.....I really appreciate it.........i did manage to find the leak.......2 in fact, 1- front crank seal and 2- the oil pump housing. A new seal and some locktight 5996 sealer and she is as good as new.
New question, if i may.........she is running at 1700 psi per cylinder. i know standard it is suppose to be between 1150 to 1200 psi per cylinder. The result is that i have melted 2 sets of fan blades and a fan cowling so far(maybe not melted, heated up to such an extent that the plastic fiber went brittle and disintegrated). Viper branches 4-2-1 and free flow box..... without stating the obvious , any ways or tips that i can keep all that heat out of the engine bay and in the exhaust?
Again thanks for all the tips and advice.....
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Wrap the exhaust or make a heat shield for the manifold

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Wolfburger
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years
Car Model: 6C Cross Polo

Re: 2007 1.4 BLM Exhaust heat problem

Post by Wolfburger »

Quinton Blm 1.4 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 pm Hey Guys.
Thanks for all the tips.....I really appreciate it.........i did manage to find the leak.......2 in fact, 1- front crank seal and 2- the oil pump housing. A new seal and some locktight 5996 sealer and she is as good as new.
New question, if i may.........she is running at 1700 psi per cylinder. i know standard it is suppose to be between 1150 to 1200 psi per cylinder. The result is that i have melted 2 sets of fan blades and a fan cowling so far(maybe not melted, heated up to such an extent that the plastic fiber went brittle and disintegrated). Viper branches 4-2-1 and free flow box..... without stating the obvious , any ways or tips that i can keep all that heat out of the engine bay and in the exhaust?
Again thanks for all the tips and advice.....
How much was the Seal and Oil housing if i may ask? and where did you purchase it?
Current: 2015 6C Cross Polo TSI(Honey Orange) - Ginger
2009 Golf 5 GTI DSG - OEM Look - Sold
2007 Polo 9N3 Black Magic - Sold
1998 Bottle Green Jetta VR6 Executive - So
ld
Admin to : https://www.facebook.com/pg/ScenePointsSa
Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted

Got everything at Gans spareshop, as I do with most of my parts.....Front crank seal R80; Locktight gasket sealer @R45 a tube new oil pump( if yours is worn out) @R600......overall R 725 ....money well spent as the pump alone at the agents is just under R1800........ she's is as dry as my ex wife's heart. No more oil on the exhaust, no more oil on the driveway pavers and no more daily oil top-ups......
Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted

Ashveer03......I did wrap it( looks crap) to say the least but it keeps the heat inside the exhaust.......temp job till I can find out where to buy the right wrapping and ssteal cable ties......
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Quinton Blm 1.4 wrote:Ashveer03......I did wrap it( looks crap) to say the least but it keeps the heat inside the exhaust.......temp job till I can find out where to buy the right wrapping and ssteal cable ties......
Mr turbo or any performance shop will keep a proper wrap

Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted

Dude......clearly you don't stay in this side of our wonderful country, said with respect....let me make myself clear......here in RB we do have nice beaches( sort of ), we have a couple of guys that knows their way around a vw, as in they really knows what's cooking( no pun intended), we have nice weather( if you like living on the surface of the sun ).......but things we do not have is a a lot of performance shops to pick and choose your parts from and to compare prices.....and the ones we have........well lets just say that quality comes at a very high price to say the least, but still great guys.....
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

By "RB" I guess u mean Richard's bay?

If so, Try Turbo bay - 107 Dollar Dr, Richards Bay Central

Quinton Blm 1.4
Enlisted

the one and only.......will go and check them.....thanks cuzz