Head Gasket blowen

Brandonblb
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Head Gasket blowen

Post by Brandonblb »

Hi Team

I own a Polo Classic 2001 model it's still a mystery how I blew my head gasket as my heat gauge never exceeded half way Mark and my fan comes on on half .

Never the less I want to know must I take head off and skim it and pressure test and do valve stem seals while I am at it also what oil do I buy and how do I get the milky out of water system .

People say it's best to change my thermostat to a lower degrees and to put the metal gasket in .

Please help me as to what is the correct way
Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: Head Gasket blowen

Post by Dub rox »

Brandonblb wrote:Hi Team

I own a Polo Classic 2001 model it's still a mystery how I blew my head gasket as my heat gauge never exceeded half way Mark and my fan comes on on half .

Never the less I want to know must I take head off and skim it and pressure test and do valve stem seals while I am at it also what oil do I buy and how do I get the milky out of water system .

People say it's best to change my thermostat to a lower degrees and to put the metal gasket in .

Please help me as to what is the correct way
Best way on the head, as one can not always see what's wrong with it by using your eyes, is to take it to an enginearing shop for them to see and go from there. They will tell you what needs to be done.

Ps:Take it to a few guys and get different opinions and pricing first

Sent from my VFD320 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Membership No: 1041

Post by UDC »

are you sure its the head gasket blown, does the car still run.
if the water bottle is contaminated and looks like mayonnaise but the oil in engine still looks clean then your oil cooler/exchange unit seal is gone and its not your head gasket
Brandonblb
Enlisted

Post by Brandonblb »

Hi thanks can you confirm where to find this part on the car
UDC
Colonel

Post by UDC »

it sits between the oil filter and oil filter housing, silver block with water pipes running to it but you will not be able to see if this has failed because it leaks oil into the water system internally, easiest way to check is to check your water bottle if contaminated with oil.
If your engine oil is contaminated with water then its most likely your head gasket
Brandonblb
Enlisted

Post by Brandonblb »

Hi guys ok so I disconnected the water pipes going to the oil heat exchanger and blocked it off temporarily and started up . After a while I saw oil dripping from the oil heat exchanger where the pipes came off

1 I hope it's that cause I don't think oil should come out there .

2 I flushed the water system with normal water but when I start up and car idles hot and let it cool down there is mayonnaise in bottle but only floating can it be in the system and it needs time to work out or what must I do .

I checked inside my tapped cover still no signals of mixing .

I appreciate your help
Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Post by Dub rox »

Brandonblb wrote:Hi guys ok so I disconnected the water pipes going to the oil heat exchanger and blocked it off temporarily and started up . After a while I saw oil dripping from the oil heat exchanger where the pipes came off

1 I hope it's that cause I don't think oil should come out there .

2 I flushed the water system with normal water but when I start up and car idles hot and let it cool down there is mayonnaise in bottle but only floating can it be in the system and it needs time to work out or what must I do .

I checked inside my tapped cover still no signals of mixing .

I appreciate your help
Pull the dipstick to check for signals of mixing

Sent from my VFD320 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
UDC
Colonel

Post by UDC »

It's not your head gasket then, just change that oil temp exchange unit. Will take a while to flush system of the mayonnaise, open the radiator pipes, stick a hose pipe in there and try to rinse free, going to take alot of flushes to free the system of the mayonnaise...... goodluck
Brandonblb
Enlisted

Post by Brandonblb »

Thanks guys
Brandonblb
Enlisted

Post by Brandonblb »

Thanks all sorted