POLO VIVO

Sksekate
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

POLO VIVO

Post by Sksekate »

Good Day Guys

I m driving Polo Vivo but sometimes It struggle to start but is not the battery cause its new battery. Especially when is too hot but in the funny thing it start in the morning but on the afternoon after work it doesn't. Any bolts and nuts will be appreciated.
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Re: POLO VIVO

Post by ICE King »

Hi and welcome

Can be alot of things but with more info, we'll be able to assist you or atleast direct you. What are the symptoms when it's not staring,

Any lights on cluster? Does the motor swing? i.e. Can you hear the starter
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
Sksekate
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Sksekate »

I can hear the starter but in the morning it doesn't give me a problem at all only during the day or even if i can go to the mall spend less than 4 hours on the sun it give me the same problem of starting. Like the starter doesn't catch but there's no light on the dashboard showing any malfunction and the lights are working.
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King »

Did you ever try kick starting when it doesn't want to start?

If the starter is swinging , then you'll have to check for Fuel and spark.
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
ho8882000
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by ho8882000 »

I had a VW Polo that does not start when the engine bay is hot, I have to leave it for a while to wait for the engine bay to cool down then the car will start up perfectly.

Later I replace all the Relay (A electric components in the fuse box.) , and this fixed the problem. I hope my experience can give you some ideas.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

could also be the water temp sender
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by mellos »

I had/have the exact same problem,I replaced the water temp sender and it was fine for a
couple of days,it was extremely hot on those days and it started fine,on the fourth hot
day after leaving it in the sun for 6 hours it battled to start again,I bought the water temp sender
from Goldwagen,is it perhaps possible that this one is faulty?On one of the occasions when trying to
start it up it actually sounded like it had no compression,like a car would sound if you cranked it up
without the spark plugs in.What could cause this?I did do a scan and it came up with no faults.
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Post by jaunrothner »

I had the same problem on my Hyundai Accent many many years ago,

They replaced the starter relay if I remember correctly and it solved the problem.
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by mellos »

jaunrothner wrote:I had the same problem on my Hyundai Accent many many years ago,

They replaced the starter relay if I remember correctly and it solved the problem.
Thanks for the response but this is an intermittent fault and I can't seem to fathom what the starter relay will have to do with this problem, the starter cranks the engine and the engine will not start,it is a very strong swing of the starter no dragging like a flat battery, thanks anyways.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk