Golf mp9 hunting

Van
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Golf mp9 hunting

Post by Van »

Hi there I am new to this forum I have issue with my golf, 2.0 agg running on a bosch 2.0 mp9 ecu on idle she hunts so I fiddled with the timing and the hunt went away but then the car feels sluggish and like the timing is to far retarded, so I checked it with a timing light got it all set on the marks and the hunt is back, I checked for air leaks and replaced map sensor can anyone please help me out thanks in advance
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Golf mp9 hunting

Post by PapaJo »

Did you clean the throttle body and then get someone to do a throttle body adaptation via VAGCOM?
Van
Enlisted

Post by Van »

No I did not had a gotec ecu before had a slight lag on the acceleration but never hunting thanks for the advise did oder a vag com cable with software will be here next week maybe that will get it sorted
Baldwin02002
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk2 GTS
Membership No: missing

Post by Baldwin02002 »

Hi, clean the throttle and do throttle body adaptation. Thanks.
Current:
Mk2 GTS 1.8 --> 2.0 16v MP9 --> Soon to be 2.1 16v MP9 with Throttles
S3 2003 BAM --> Stage 1 with full Exhaust
S4 2004 --> Stock
A3 2010 1.8T Cabrio --> Stock
//////
Previous
Golf Citi 2.0 8v MP9 2007
Jetta 4 V5 10V
Honda CB400 '74
Van
Enlisted

Post by Van »

OK did got Vagcom did the adaption cleaned everything cleared all faults and waited for it to reach, 80 degrees went in to basic settings and group 001 to do timing but the revs doesn't pick up to 1500 tried it a few times and it keeps on giving me fault 01087 basic settings not preformed
Dub rox
Cadet
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Post by Dub rox »

Van wrote:OK did got Vagcom did the adaption cleaned everything cleared all faults and waited for it to reach, 80 degrees went in to basic settings and group 001 to do timing but the revs doesn't pick up to 1500 tried it a few times and it keeps on giving me fault 01087 basic settings not preformed
MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off***** 1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃ • Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc. • Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system • The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position Channel Number Basic Setting Engine Status Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting: Select the ENGINE in the menu, then go BASIC SETTING, and then enter the channel number based on the list provided as above. Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete.

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Dub rox wrote:
Van wrote:OK did got Vagcom did the adaption cleaned everything cleared all faults and waited for it to reach, 80 degrees went in to basic settings and group 001 to do timing but the revs doesn't pick up to 1500 tried it a few times and it keeps on giving me fault 01087 basic settings not preformed
MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off***** 1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃ • Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc. • Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system • The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position Channel Number Basic Setting Engine Status Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting: Select the ENGINE in the menu, then go BASIC SETTING, and then enter the channel number based on the list provided as above. Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete.

Spacing and line breaks will make this post much easier to read. Very confusing as it is

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Van
Enlisted

Post by Van »

Thanks for the reply did help a lot got it sorted today reinstalled vag com all working perfectly now
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Van wrote:Thanks for the reply did help a lot got it sorted today reinstalled vag com all working perfectly now
Glad it helped

Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Ashveer03 wrote:
Dub rox wrote:

Spacing and line breaks will make this post much easier to read. Very confusing as it is

Thanx for your input on the problem at hand

Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Dude I'm not trying to troll u. I'm trying to tell u that 1 paragraph with 10000 words without any spaces or line breaks is difficult to read.

This is your post - seems like it's copied from a source that's probably even copyrighted.

"OK did got Vagcom did the adaption cleaned everything cleared all faults and waited for it to reach, 80 degrees went in to basic settings and group 001 to do timing but the revs doesn't pick up to 1500 tried it a few times and it keeps on giving me fault 01087 basic settings not preformed[/quote]MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off***** 1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃ • Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc. • Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system • The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position Channel Number Basic Setting Engine Status Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting: Select the ENGINE in the menu, then go BASIC SETTING, and then enter the channel number based on the list provided as above. Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete."

This is my post, the same info as urs but spaced out making the readers life easy. They already have an issue don't add to their confusion.

" MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off*****

1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃
• Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc.
• Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system
• The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position

Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running
Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running
Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running
Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running
Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running

Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting:
* Select the ENGINE in the menu
* Select BASIC SETTING
* Enter the channel number based on the list provided as above.
Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete.

Sourced from wherever."

If u want to maintain ur attitude then do so or take the advice on how to use a forum, it's free.

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Ashveer03 wrote:Dude I'm not trying to troll u. I'm trying to tell u that 1 paragraph with 10000 words without any spaces or line breaks is difficult to read.

This is your post - seems like it's copied from a source that's probably even copyrighted.

"OK did got Vagcom did the adaption cleaned everything cleared all faults and waited for it to reach, 80 degrees went in to basic settings and group 001 to do timing but the revs doesn't pick up to 1500 tried it a few times and it keeps on giving me fault 01087 basic settings not preformed
MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off***** 1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃ • Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc. • Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system • The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position Channel Number Basic Setting Engine Status Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting: Select the ENGINE in the menu, then go BASIC SETTING, and then enter the channel number based on the list provided as above. Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete."

This is my post, the same info as urs but spaced out making the readers life easy. They already have an issue don't add to their confusion.

" MAE Support document VW/AUDI BASIC SETTING FOR VW/AUDI FOR IDLE-THROTTLE VALVE RELEARN AUDI VW *****KOEO: Key On Engine Off*****

1. Channel Number of basic setting for VW/AUDI car models ===Preconditions of Basic Setting=== • The engine must reach the working temperature Note: Engine Coolant temperature must be higher than 80℃
• Turn off the accessorial electrical appliances, e.g. headlights, air conditioner etc.
• Ensure there is no fault code in memory for engine system
• The throttle is fully closed, and the brake pedal is released, with manual transmission in neutral position - automatic transmission in park position

Car Model 000 Engine basic parameter Idle speed running
Audi / VW 001 Idle speed control valve N71 Engine not running
Audi / VW 002 Control self adaptation Idle speed running
Audi / VW 098 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running
Audi / VW 060 Throttle valve J338 Idle speed running

Audi / VW Operation for Basic Setting:
* Select the ENGINE in the menu
* Select BASIC SETTING
* Enter the channel number based on the list provided as above.
Press enter to confirm, check live data ADPT-RUNS and after approximately 10-15 seconds ADPT-OK. Function is now complete.

Sourced from wherever."

If u want to maintain ur attitude then do so or take the advice on how to use a forum, it's free.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk[/quote]I actually just coppied and pasted. It helped the guy out so whats the problem?