Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo
Membership No: missing

Best Oil for Polo Vivo

Post by jbs9 »

Hi Everyone

My 2012 Polo vivo 1.4 will be reaching 200 000km in about a month.

It has been serviced by vw up until now but I am looking at doing it myself going forward.

I do approximately 50 000km annually(work) and would like to know what the best oil brands are. I have been reading up on synthetic etc but I just need an idea of what the best is for my cars age and mileage. I suppose there will be varying opinions but I just need an idea of a few good ones and I will decide which to go for thereafter.

Someone told me 20W40 should be best because of the viscosity/temp, i just want to confirm that.

Thanks a mill.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Best Oil for Polo Vivo

Post by Howie-WP »

What has VW been using? I'd go with that until you have issues.....and potentially do the oil changes sooner.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

It think the spec on that engine is 502.00 or 505.00? Check ur owners manual..

Shell 10w40 should be ok to use

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
thepot
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Car Make: Reebok
Car Model: Classic

Post by thepot »

Ashveer03 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:44 pm It think the spec on that engine is 502.00 or 505.00? Check ur owners manual..

Shell 10w40 should be ok to use

Currently servicing my vivo and using the above oil. No issues for 60k km so far.
Do it once, do it right!

Current:

Ex:
'13 Polo Vivo 1.6 - stock- RIP
'08 rox 1.4i - 76kw - sold
jbs9
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 6 months
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Post by jbs9 »

I checked the manual. Makes sense, I will contact VW for pricing, thanks for the responses.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

jbs9 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:19 pm I checked the manual. Makes sense, I will contact VW for pricing, thanks for the responses.
You can buy oil from Midas or AutoZone and even other shops as VW at times are expensive.
I know that other VW owners buy only the oil filter from VW as it works, not expensive and does not give issues like the ones from spares shops then buy other items from Midas or Autozone.

What you can do is get pricing from VW for a service kit which will include:
Oil
Air, Petrol & Oil filter
Plugs

Do a bit of shopping around and get quotes.

Take for example my daily: Toyota Auris
I do services myself and use the OEM Oil filter then buy other items(Oil, plugs & Air filter) from spares shops.
The oil, I continue to use the same oil Toyota used when the car was serviced by them and no issues to date.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

There is honestly nothing special about agents parts when it comes to minor service stuff on this vehicle like plugs, air filt, oil filt etc.

Goldwagen keeps good quality parts and its not expensive either. I personally wouldnt shop around to save a few rands for cheaper brands or spend extra to get the same thing from the agents.

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Agree
Goldwagen has all the parts needed to keep these cars on the road.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Ziad Ebrahim
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 6 months

Post by Ziad Ebrahim »

This cars if stripping do everything properly 1 time. Its costly to strip each time