Citi 1.4i starting problem...

amanita_king
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi 1.4i

Citi 1.4i starting problem...

Post by amanita_king »

Hie guys ... have an issue with my 1.4i starting it...
it cranks for about 3-5sec strong before slowly the motor starts to come to life

This generally occurs when the motor is cooled down but once the motor has heats up its no longer as bad but still not as good as it shld be

So I recently put new plugs thinking it’s probably the plugs which are no longer performing as they shld but still the proper persists so yesterday told the car to go get it diagnosed

All appear to be ok but got an error: something abt “ecu block” and it being “intermediate” some confusing **** so basically i was told to check my wiring cause so i hve no idea why my ecu is blocked or weather why its kicking in so late (im actually getting more annoyed actually typing all this- cause its confusing)

But once the car starts all is Perfect! Drives like a dream super stable 127800 on the dash engine never been open serviced regularly at every 5000 mark.

Any help or advice to how i can resolve my issue... All i need is that half crank or 1 crank and the motor is ON! Ill be happy :grin: .. cause my current state i feel as if this will later become a huge pain for me in future if i keep ignoring it.
LorDxKinG :cool:
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Citi 1.4i starting problem...

Post by mellos »

Howzit

Generally slow swinging could be battery related or starter motor related,did you get the battery tested and maybe get someone to look at the starter,starting seems to be the issue here so no use looking elsewhere,mind you I am just going according to what you wrote here because you say the car goes fine after it starts.You could retard the timing slightly to see if the slow swing goes away,if it does then you can just get hold of a timing light and set it correctly.Why do you service the car every 5000 kms?,normal service intervals are every 15000 kms/1 year,do you do a full service or just oil and oil filter,unless you are driving in dusty conditions but even still I think that you are wasting money servicing so often.Anyway this is only my 5 cents so if you get the battery and starter motor checked then take it from there,good luck.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

5000 kms is just overkill on a golf 1, unless u using really kak oil. 10000kms will be ideal. But hey if u want to then why not..

Would have helped if u had the exact details of the fault code.. but anyway..

I kind of agree with mellos, dont just retard the timing on your own though. Get it checked properly then adjusted if needed. Unlikely for the timing to go off if it wasnt interfered with, unless u got some serious cam belt stretch. Worth the check.

U could have a fuel related issue. Either a weak fuel pump, a faulty fuel pressure regulator or a fuel rail thats about to kill itself (maybe not the rail, when it cracks normally all pressure is lost)

U could either hook up a fuel pressure gauge and test the pressure and the fuel pressure regulator.
If u dont have a gauge at the moment, try priming the system a few times before starting, by turning the key off and on a few times then see if the car starts quicker.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
amanita_king
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Model: Citi 1.4i

Post by amanita_king »

Thanks mates ... i uslly just change the oil,filter and plugs at 5000 nothing major ill check today in the morning for any problems with the battery or starter.. then if it persists ill get the timing retarded as you said and check on the pump aswel
LorDxKinG :cool: