cylider head advice.

suhailzn
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

cylider head advice.

Post by suhailzn »

evening guys could any one help . im doin my cylinder head up well it smokes on start up so mec told me.valve ste seals an guides need to be done do I need to also change the rings an bearings and stuff also , its a golf 3 gs :hi:
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: cylider head advice.

Post by PapaJo »

Depending on km's on motor it might be the best option to do a complete overhaul as you will need to remove the head again to do rings and bearings. Do a compression test and check how that compares to the healthy motor compression values and then make a decision from there. Ridge in block and loose pistons and high mileage on motor, yes do it all including new oil pump.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: cylider head advice.

Post by Unobeat »

PapaJo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:53 am Depending on km's on motor it might be the best option to do a complete overhaul as you will need to remove the head again to do rings and bearings. Do a compression test and check how that compares to the healthy motor compression values and then make a decision from there. Ridge in block and loose pistons and high mileage on motor, yes do it all including new oil pump.
:iagree:
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.