VW Polo VIVO EPC problem

netsiandarich
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

VW Polo VIVO EPC problem

Post by netsiandarich »

I have a 2010 Polo vivo 1.6 77kw, I have started experiencing an issue when the vehicle has come to a stop with engine idling (usually at a traffic light or stop street) the EPC fault light comes on. The engine idle becomes rough & increases to about 1200rpm, there is also no response to the accelerator pedal at this time. I have to switch the car off & restart to pull off from the stop. There is no sign of the problem after this action.

The problem is sporadic & doesn't occur at every stop of the vehicle. Prior to this problem I noticed unusual engine response to the accelerator pedal on low revs(in neutral while idling,stationery position) , slow response to react to the pedal & slow return to idle rev mark, sounds like the accelerator is being let of progressively when in fact it has been released completely.
netsiandarich
Enlisted

Re: VW Polo VIVO EPC problem

Post by netsiandarich »

Please assist
Zellie81
Enlisted
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO Comfortline

Post by Zellie81 »

Hi there, i have experienced the same with my 2011 POLO Comfortline, The EPC light came on after driving 11km, first time since I have had the car. I took it to the workshop and after many many tests they still couldn't find the fault. I told them when I stopped the light was off and while they had it, the light never went back on. I then collected my car after they advised that it may be cylinder #2 as it this only had 800kpa of pressure but they could not say for definite that this could be the problem. I drove the car and had no issues. Then two weeks ago i drive the car all week incl the weekend and Monday morning my car would not start at all! Engin was cranking, enough fuel was coming through, battery was fine, then i came to realise it could be one of the sensors. I then had my guy out the computer on the car and found it was the crankshaft sensor. replaced this and she started again with no problem. i did however notice before i started having issues with my car that there is a miss on the idling. There is a a slight miss, now I am thinking it may be the fuel filter inside the tank that may need to be cleaned? As my fuel consumption is also not the same. I used to get 750km out of a full tank (50Lt) now i get 426km per tank. it went from 6.5lt to 11.2lt. I am now testing again what could be the problem as my KM indicator oscillates. At start of trip it will show eg: 100km to go then at end of trip it will show 150km till next fill.
Maybe check the crankshaft sensor, and also your injectors.
Hope this info helps.
Since 2012 - Current: 2011 VW POLO 1.4 Comfortline :drool:
2011 - 2012: 2008 Huyndai Getz 1.4 :bang:
2011: Opel Corsa Lite :cry:
2009-2011: 1998 Polo Classic 1.6 :grin:
2008-2009 : 1998 VW Golf MK1 with POLO engin and gearbox
2007 - 2008: Toyota Corolla (bubble shape)
2006-2007: Opel Kadett
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Get is scanned.
But 1 of three possible things.
1) throttle pedal error
2) throttle body error
3) air flow meter error.