Armand
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Black Magic 6R Polo Gti
Membership No: 1828

Dictator coldstart abf map

Post by Armand »

Hi, does anybody maybe have a standard dictator abf map of which the cold start is working properly to which I can compare mine, mine is starting when cold but doesnt idle, and can anybody tell me which water temp sensor must I use and what air temp sensor please
Email is armandrossouw@yahoo.com
Current:
2011 Black 6R Polo Gti (Forge intake, Viper dp, Stage 2 DNA sw)
Ex:
2007 Polo gti (Giac software, 76mm dp, ITG Induction, custom FMIC)
2009 Citi 1.4i sport
1997 Uno turbo ( w/m, Tdo4 turbo, intercooler,76mm exhaust
Bmw 540i e34 (Standard)
Nissan 3.0 v6 (Brospeed branches and exhaust)
2009 Polo gti (Giac software)
Suzuki gsxr1000 k5 (Everything)
Vw caddy club (Mp9 conver, Branches, exhaust, chip)
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Dictator coldstart abf map

Post by PapaJo »

You can use the single blade or short pin or a two pin sensor for water and temperature. You can sekect from the dropdown on the sensor page the type of sebsor you use, eg Golf 1 pin or 2 pin.

I’ve used the single blade sensor on side of head for water temperature and a 2 pin sensor for air temperature. For the water temperature, you connect only the purple wire to the blade. For the air temperature connect the yellow wire to one pin and one if the two thin black wires to the other pin. You will need to calibrate the sensors through the temperature range with boiling water and a thermometer and then alter the values to match your measurements.
Armand
Cadet

Post by Armand »

PapaJo wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 pm You can use the single blade or short pin or a two pin sensor for water and temperature. You can sekect from the dropdown on the sensor page the type of sebsor you use, eg Golf 1 pin or 2 pin.

I’ve used the single blade sensor on side of head for water temperature and a 2 pin sensor for air temperature. For the water temperature, you connect only the purple wire to the blade. For the air temperature connect the yellow wire to one pin and one if the two thin black wires to the other pin. You will need to calibrate the sensors through the temperature range with boiling water and a thermometer and then alter the values to match your measurements.
Thanks, I have the one pin water temp and no air temp, water temp dont go below 32, does that sound right?
Current:
Ex:
2009 Citi 1.4i sport
Bmw 540i e34 (Standard)
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Armand wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 pm
PapaJo wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 pm You can use the single blade or short pin or a two pin sensor for water and temperature. You can sekect from the dropdown on the sensor page the type of sebsor you use, eg Golf 1 pin or 2 pin.

Thanks, I have the one pin water temp and no air temp, water temp dont go below 32, does that sound right?
It should go down to low 20’s or below with this cold weather. Dud you calibrate the temperature range. No need to use air temp, unless you really want to.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

You’ve got mail.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Any updates?
Armand
Cadet

Post by Armand »

What I did was checked which block turned red at 250 when starting it and increased the timing about 5 degrees, started it and checked which blocked turned red at 750 and increased timing by 5 degrees and again when it was a bit hotter at 1000 the same, then I adjusted the timing from 0% to 33% to gradually go up to according to the first block I set in the 250 750 and 1000 row and is now starting very good, starts now on first swing then you have to keep it idling for about 10 to 15 seconds then it idle on it's own at about 850 untill hot then idle at 1000, if revved it drops down to about 850 and go straight back to 1000 like it should even with lights on, it is very difficult explain, I read the whole procedure while having the computer in front of me and figured it out like that and with a little google, something I still need to do is calibrate the distributor to the computer because the bakkie is running fine about average 35 degrees timing which is definitely not accurate, I also played around with Idling settings, got a few examples from.the internet from other cars and fine tuned this one from there with the help of the guide dictator give on their site, when I am of I am going to figure out that timing calibration and the I am going to compare my map to yours, it is a very difficult thing to explain, a thing that helps allot is to read the guide that dictator gives, thanks for your help so far Papajo
Current:
Ex:
2009 Citi 1.4i sport
Bmw 540i e34 (Standard)
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Armand wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm What I did was checked which block turned red at 250 when starting it and increased the timing about 5 degrees, started it and checked which blocked turned red at 750 and increased timing by 5 degrees and again when it was a bit hotter at 1000 the same, then I adjusted the timing from 0% to 33% to gradually go up to according to the first block I set in the 250 750 and 1000 row and is now starting very good, starts now on first swing then you have to keep it idling for about 10 to 15 seconds then it idle on it's own at about 850 untill hot then idle at 1000, if revved it drops down to about 850 and go straight back to 1000 like it should even with lights on, it is very difficult explain, I read the whole procedure while having the computer in front of me and figured it out like that and with a little google, something I still need to do is calibrate the distributor to the computer because the bakkie is running fine about average 35 degrees timing which is definitely not accurate, I also played around with Idling settings, got a few examples from.the internet from other cars and fine tuned this one from there with the help of the guide dictator give on their site, when I am of I am going to figure out that timing calibration and the I am going to compare my map to yours, it is a very difficult thing to explain, a thing that helps allot is to read the guide that dictator gives, thanks for your help so far Papajo
Cool, you are winning. For the timing calibration use a timing light (preferably one with and advance function) and then you set the trigger angle until timing mark on front pulley aligns. The Dicktator software guide explains this with a timing value of 20 in the lowerblocks around the idle oart and once trigger angle is set correctly the timing reading on timing light and igntion timing map matches, your ignition is calibrated and then you can set timing on ugnition to any required value and that would be the timing on the motor.

Please send me a copy of your map or post pictures here of your timing map values?
Armand
Cadet

Post by Armand »

PapaJo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 am
Armand wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm What I did was checked which block turned red at 250 when starting it and increased the timing about 5 degrees, started it and checked which blocked turned red at 750 and increased timing by 5 degrees and again when it was a bit hotter at 1000 the same, then I adjusted the timing from 0% to 33% to gradually go up to according to the first block I set in the 250 750 and 1000 row and is now starting very good, starts now on first swing then you have to keep it idling for about 10 to 15 seconds then it idle on it's own at about 850 untill hot then idle at 1000, if revved it drops down to about 850 and go straight back to 1000 like it should even with lights on, it is very difficult explain, I read the whole procedure while having the computer in front of me and figured it out like that and with a little google, something I still need to do is calibrate the distributor to the computer because the bakkie is running fine about average 35 degrees timing which is definitely not accurate, I also played around with Idling settings, got a few examples from.the internet from other cars and fine tuned this one from there with the help of the guide dictator give on their site, when I am of I am going to figure out that timing calibration and the I am going to compare my map to yours, it is a very difficult thing to explain, a thing that helps allot is to read the guide that dictator gives, thanks for your help so far Papajo
Cool, you are winning. For the timing calibration use a timing light (preferably one with and advance function) and then you set the trigger angle until timing mark on front pulley aligns. The Dicktator software guide explains this with a timing value of 20 in the lowerblocks around the idle oart and once trigger angle is set correctly the timing reading on timing light and igntion timing map matches, your ignition is calibrated and then you can set timing on ugnition to any required value and that would be the timing on the motor.

Please send me a copy of your map or post pictures here of your timing map values?
Thanks allot, will do so tonight
Current:
Ex:
2009 Citi 1.4i sport
Bmw 540i e34 (Standard)
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Armand wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 am

:thumbup:
Armand
Cadet

Post by Armand »

PapaJo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:29 am

I mailed you
Current:
Ex:
2009 Citi 1.4i sport
Bmw 540i e34 (Standard)
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Armand wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:46 pm
PapaJo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:29 am

I mailed you
Mail recieved and replied.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »