My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

162life-WP
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP »

PapaJo wrote:The water pipe should actually go to the steel pipe.

The original 16V steel pipe has two short nipples with one connecting to the water bottle and steek pipe and the second nipple with a short u-shape jumper hose from steel pipe to the outlet small port on the side of head. Might be difficult to bleed air off or have airlocks on first water fill. Seen others using that point on head that way with no issues.

Nothing wrong with yours as long as motor does not overheat.
We had a brief discussion about it before connecting the pipes and decided to go that route instead also with the intention as u say if it heats up then change it. But so far so good, temp stays optimum

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

162life-WP wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:59 pm
PapaJo wrote:The water pipe should actually go to the steel pipe.

The original 16V steel pipe has two short nipples with one connecting to the water bottle and steek pipe and the second nipple with a short u-shape jumper hose from steel pipe to the outlet small port on the side of head. Might be difficult to bleed air off or have airlocks on first water fill. Seen others using that point on head that way with no issues.

Nothing wrong with yours as long as motor does not overheat.
We had a brief discussion about it before connecting the pipes and decided to go that route instead also with the intention as u say if it heats up then change it. But so far so good, temp stays optimum

Just be cautious when adding cold water if motor is already in a semi heated up state as the cold water will go into head and mix with the semi heated water. Thermal shock in the head is not good.
162life-WP
Cadet

Post by 162life-WP »

Took the car to robot racing the other nightImagewas super fun. Lost a few due to driver error and traction enemies lol but won a good few against some reasonably decent cars. Happy with the build thus far Image

I got some gopros but the YouTube thing is a mission so sorry about that hey lolImageImageImage

PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Try to ease off on the throttle to launch lighter and put the hammer down once you are rolling. Play around with tyre pressure to get better traction.
162life-WP
Cadet

Post by 162life-WP »

It needs a ls without a doubt lol. Sticky rubber would help to.

Valcon
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Model: Crosspolo
Membership No: 3243

Post by Valcon »

Subbed...I once did a 2.0L conversion on my mk2 with dicktator, so this has peaked my interest.
Current:

2009 VW Crosspolo 1.9tdi with Qtec stage one remap.
2015 VW Polo 1.2Tsi ( The Wifes Car)
Ex:

1989 VW Golf MKll GTi - Engine swapped to a 2.0L 8v long block with dickator management - SOLD
1993 VW Golf MKlll GTi - SOLD