Intermittent loss of power and losing water

my_citi1.8i
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Intermittent loss of power and losing water

Post by my_citi1.8i »

Hi Guys,

I need some help. My car seems to have a power dip for a split second. It is really annoying as it is happens unexpectedly. The rev counter would fluctuate while in motion then the dip would happen. I have replaced the battery about 2 weeks ago. What could be the cause?

2nd issue - whenever i switch the car off after long periods of driving in the traffic then then the water would overflow. I have replaced the waterpump and radiator on friday and the issue still persist. Also my heat gauge not functioning properly. The heat gauge would remain on 50 and would move 1mm and then the fan activates. Faulty fan switch?

Car: citi1.8i, 2007 model

Thank you in advance.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Intermittent loss of power and losing water

Post by panic-mechanic »

these are those kind of problems that nobody can give you a clear simple answer without YOU having to do some fault finding.
The rev counter dip can mean a hall generator issue or can be a ignition switch or can be lots of other things that causes a break in power supply to the coil or ignition system.
For water - you need to feel if the bottom pipe is hot so does the thermostat open - also make sure there is a thermostat. try changing the water temp sensor.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
collenpitso
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by collenpitso »

Hi there i have the very similar problem, my car polo DTI 1.9 switch the engine off while im driving, and i have to wait for 10 -15 minutes and its start again. i really dont know what to do. i have changed disel pump, filter new battery, new glow plugs.

i really need help- and when i opend the front the engen is HOT....
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

engines at operating temp will be almost 100 degrees so that is kind of a bad measure or impossible to gauge if you have an issue by you saying it's hot.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

my_citi1.8i wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am Hi Guys,

I need some help. My car seems to have a power dip for a split second. It is really annoying as it is happens unexpectedly. The rev counter would fluctuate while in motion then the dip would happen. I have replaced the battery about 2 weeks ago. What could be the cause?

2nd issue - whenever i switch the car off after long periods of driving in the traffic then then the water would overflow. I have replaced the waterpump and radiator on friday and the issue still persist. Also my heat gauge not functioning properly. The heat gauge would remain on 50 and would move 1mm and then the fan activates. Faulty fan switch?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like your distributor needs to be changed as the Hall sender saying goodbye.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Brat Boy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 9 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Post by Brat Boy »

my_citi1.8i wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance.
Coil for power dip and O Ring on the water issue, had these issues on my Polo and G2 Gti
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown