Audi S6 V10

JacquesHuysamen
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: S5 2008

Audi S6 V10

Post by JacquesHuysamen »

Hi there everyone, so I was shocked to see how cheap some of the S6 V10 (around 2007 model) are and was wondering how they are as a daily? How is the sound inside the cabin? Any good noise of that glorius V10 inside the cabin with stock exhaust? And any general impressions of anyone that has driven one?
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Audi S6 V10

Post by Unobeat »

Panic should pass by shortly to give you detailed advice as he owns one.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

It's awesome as a daily. With the stock exhaust it is whisper quiet. You won't hear a thing unless you are in a tunnel with the windows open.
A friend has one(which is for sale by the way - really cheaply - can organize a viewing saturday if you want :wink: ) with a fiddled exhaust and it sounds really nice.
consumption- work on around 16/100 as a daily. I used mine for about 6 months that way. Beautiful place to send time in. I currently use it one day a week and when I go away anywhere. Love the thing.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Tman21
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 7 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: BosPolo
Membership No: 3247

Post by Tman21 »

16/100 is really not that bad considering what you get!
Success: When hard work meets opportunity :-)
#TMAN21
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Not once have I Stopped at the pump and thought - oh no. I have always happilly paid for it.
Open road at 130 ish it can actually get very decent. Have seen around 10/100 easily and ONCE actually though it was broken. Doing 80 or so in mist and it returned 7.8/100. I actually stopped to fill to see if the gauge wasn't broken because it just did not move.
They are not fast in terms of compared to modern day 2l turbo fsi things. A S3 here will give it a hiding out of the blocks. But if you can give it it's head on an open road few things will run with it to where it tops out.
And the way that big motor delivers power so smoothly for the smallest amount of foot movement is just stunning.
One really has to live with one formambit to really appreciate them.
And remember - there was originally only 32 ever brought in. So there is some rarity factor there...
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by VAG Fan »

Hell, my old 500SE hardly ever cleared 9L/100km at 130 km/h... and the S6 has literally double the engine.
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Wow
They are rare indeed only about 32 that came in.
What a special car.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.