VW citizens golf immobilizer problem

saffer
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

VW citizens golf immobilizer problem

Post by saffer »

Hi
Citi golf 1.4i 2007 model.
Recently worked on a electrical problem, where I replaced the wiper relay. In order to prevent blown fuse, etc, I removed the negative lead of the battery.
After replacing the relay, all was ok, until removed the cable again to clean the battery terminal.
On putting the negative cable back on, the alarm start going off, and could not shut it up until I removed the cable. I reconnect the cable, and all went quiet. However the remote will not arm the a alarm or immobilizer.
I tried a number of remedies on this forum, but no worked
The module is a Shurlock system. I have read the actual a alarm module needs to be reset. I don't have a manual.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: VW citizens golf immobilizer problem

Post by PapaJo »

Depending on the model of Shurlock box you have,sone have a thin black and some a thin brown wire from the box that you need to earth to the chassis to override/reset the box. If your box does not have this thin wire.

Remove battery cable +, close all doors ( wind down drivers side window for just in case you have the key in ignition and central locking closes door locks when you put the + battery cable back). Rather keep keys with remote on you. Now with all doors, bootlid closed and bonnet switch at the water bottle depressed to make the box think all door switches are closed (you may need some extra hands for the bonnet switch), put the + battery cable back and if alarm goes off, you should be able to de-activate the alarm and all back to working order.