Mk2 gti doesnt idle when cold

Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk2 Gti 8v

Mk2 gti doesnt idle when cold

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

Hwzit guys im new to forums this is my first so take it easy on me...
Iv been driving vw's ever since i learnt how to and its only this car im having issues with...
My car was a kjet and it used to start missing and lose all power the moment i floor it when its still cold like about 50-70 degrees wen i pull off the engine dies so i hav to keep reving(press n lev acceleration) once it warms up its like 85+ its fyn....it got worse later n on start up it done that every1 sed remove kjet put sidedrafts it will b fyn but it did not help its still same problem...really appreciate help...
Brat Boy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Re: Mk2 gti doesnt idle when cold

Post by Brat Boy »

Did you check all breathers on the car?
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown
Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

I did check everything even put new pipes and intake pipes from running cli to check for a difference ... and btw its now running on a set of 40 sidies still the same issues someone sed me the wur was the issue i did a change of system for nothing but will i still need a wur if its now running off sidies?
Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

The idle when its cold on a slight rev is like my car is super worked wid really big cams n it gradually calms down as it heats up sounds perfect them like nothing is wrong until it gets cold and startd once agen...
Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

Another point i even replaced my bottle ign coil from stock bosch to 6series msd performance coil thinking the spark was too low for cold combustion but no luck
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Sonow it's just a GT.
anyways when it was still k-jet the issue would have been that the cold aux air device was not working.
So you swopped a system that COULD actually compensate for cold idle for a system that cannot compensate for cold idle. A basic carb that has not got any choke mechanism will always be too lean on cold start and cold idle as a cold engine needs to be richer to run.
Side draught carbs has no auto or manual choke mechanisms so you are back to where you were. Live with it.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

If i decide to get it injection system n running dicktator do i have any luck then?
Jt's Aidioworx
Enlisted

Post by Jt's Aidioworx »

I also have the kjet intake wich i did mod n got a 325i e30 throttle to work on it....i also have mp9 injector rail wid 250cc injectors the fuels pumps are still on the car...so do i jus need a chopped mp9 loom n dicktator/management ???
AvesshenG
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw, Bmw, Merc
Car Model: 81 Vw Mk1 Cabrio,15 Mk7GTi
Membership No: 3258

Post by AvesshenG »

Howsit man, did you find a solution o. Your kjet problems or are you running injection now?