walterj
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: GTi 4,Mercedes SLK350,Golf1

Cityrox not revving

Post by walterj »

Hi Guys

I have got a problem on a Rox with MPi ECU that I am working on for someone. The car overheated to such an extend that the splash plate on the oil pump melted.
I overhauled the motor, send the head in for repair and reassembled. now the car starts and idle very rough. I checked errors and found water sensor and lambda faults. replaced both and cleared codes. it comes up with no more codes but still rough idle and dies when accelerator is pushed down . sounds like fuel starvation but pressure sits at 3 bar. I replaced fuel rail pressure regulator and injectors with working ones but still the same.

Has anyone ever battled with a similar problem ?

thanks in advance
Walter
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Cityrox not revving

Post by panic-mechanic »

yes. Once that lambda fault comes up and won't clear that ECU is pretty much fried. It will swop between bouts of rich and lean - idle high - then low. I just toss them out and stick on aftermarket. Some guys have converted to mp9. Some of the management pins differ but with some carefull unpinning you can just move then to the right place in the plug.
MPI sucks
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
walterj
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: GTi 4,Mercedes SLK350,Golf1

Re: Cityrox not revving

Post by walterj »

Hi Panic-mechanic
Thanks, I think I will do the Mp9 thing. I have done one before and it worked fine. I just hoped there is a easier and cheaper way to fix it.