VW Polo 9N3 1.6 2006 comfortline "No Throttle"

Kidros
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

VW Polo 9N3 1.6 2006 comfortline "No Throttle"

Post by Kidros »

Good morning all.

Im new here, my name is Keith and im based in Midrand johannesburg. I must say it feels like i have achieved something in my life actually joining. :hurray: I normally just read peoples posts and find my exact problem there. But hey, im here and howzittttt!.

Guys, in desperate need of your advice. I own a VW Polo 9N3 1.6 2006 comfortline. and it has no throttle at all. I'll tell you what i've done so far: had it plugged into VCDS and the fault that remains after clears is P1639 which is the accelerator position sensor 1/2 and is believed to have something to do with 1. The accelerator pedal 2. the Throttle position sensor. 3. ECU and 4. wiring/short. I have changed throttle body and accelerator pedal but still does the same thing. Had an electrician look to see whether its the fuel pump but he says is not the case. for about 3 weeks it has been warning me with the EPC light going on and off the entire day but then before i completely lost throttle the EPC light was permanent. my situation right now is that i have spent money already on the parts that i "thought" it was. I really hope i find someone who was in the position i am now. I am seeking help.

thanks guys,
Keith