duggy8v
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTi 2.0 8v

Opel Corsa B 1.4i not starting x14sz

Post by duggy8v »

Hi guys

Started car on Monday, car started thereafter went off. Tried again and car just swings. Engine light doesn't flash. Tested for spark, present. Opened fuel line from filter, fuel is present. Replaced fuel pump relay, still the same. With ignition on, and relay removed, engine light flashes. When relay is put back, it ticks as per normal, and engine light is solid. The ticking of relay means it's fine. Car just swings strongly. Engine light comes on as normal, then goes off as normal, but the car still doesn't start. My fuel gauge is just above reserve. But I've driven car before when gauge was lower than reserve.

Any advice ? Will a diagnostic tool point me to the error even though the light is not flashing ?

Stuck without a car for 2 days now.

Please help.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
'99 Opel Corsa B 1.4i - Sold
'84 VW Golf MKII CSL - 2.0 8V AFW - Sold
duggy8v
Cadet

Re: Opel Corsa B 1.4i not starting x14sz

Post by duggy8v »

Also, car has a Shurlock anti-hijack and alarm system. When I unplug the little box and turn key full, nothing happens. This shows me that alarm system is fine. When I try spare key without transponder, engine light flashes. This also shows me that nothing wrong with current key and transponder.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

What about crank sensor?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
duggy8v
Cadet

Post by duggy8v »

I was afraid of that. How would I test the crank sensor ? I had a look at it, its still plugged on and still in place.

Will be testing to see if fuel pump getting power today.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

if there is spark the engine speed sensor is working just fine. You need to test the injector signal, can use an LED o see if there is a signal.
Next - compression test and see if the cam timing is right.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
duggy8v
Cadet

Post by duggy8v »

Problem solved. So yesterday, tried adding more fuel, didn't work. Then removed line from tank into filter, left that line hanging and tried to swing engine, no fuel came out. So I decided to remove fuel pump. Tested straight on battery, just vibrated once, then dead. Got a replacement from Midas, refitted back on.

The worse part is the o-ring because it keeps falling into tank. Used sunlight liquid to ease the top cap over the o-ring.

Thereafter swung engine and it started on the turn.

Thanks for the info and help guys.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

duggy8v wrote:Problem solved. So yesterday, tried adding more fuel, didn't work. Then removed line from tank into filter, left that line hanging and tried to swing engine, no fuel came out. So I decided to remove fuel pump. Tested straight on battery, just vibrated once, then dead. Got a replacement from Midas, refitted back on.

The worse part is the o-ring because it keeps falling into tank. Used sunlight liquid to ease the top cap over the o-ring.

Thereafter swung engine and it started on the turn.

Thanks for the info and help guys.
Glad you sorted bro.
Now I had memories when my fuel pump died while I was cruzin on the highway such fun with cars.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.