eugeneduplessis
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years
Car Make: citi golf
Car Model: 1.3 mk1, 1.6I Rox

SHERLOK ECU

Post by eugeneduplessis »

Good afternoon fellows

So I had my first run in with a SHURLOK ECU and boy what a nightmare it is, YOU CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS BOX. I recent purchased a 2008 1.6i citi rox and in the morning I have to wait till the car has reached running temperature in order for me to even touch the gas pedal for a clean rev, otherwise it's misfire upon misfire. Went through some of the threads on this forum and based on previous experiences from other owners with the same ECU I have decided to go for the MP9 Bosch conversion.
VW has discontinued the supply of this ECU from their factory and has non in stock, the manufacturers PFK SHERLOK also stopped manufacturing the ECU (for obvious reasons) and was apparently taken over by AOTOWATCH TELEMATICS. So long story short, if you have a citi golf or vw with a SHURLOK ECU in it.....be prepared for BAD news.
Just thought I would share my experience thus far.
Will be going to a gentleman in Hout Bay, Cape Town to do the conversion......I believe he is quite good and his prices are very Capetonian...lol
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Membership No: 1041

Re: SHERLOK ECU

Post by UDC »

eugeneduplessis wrote:Good afternoon fellows

So I had my first run in with a SHURLOK ECU and boy what a nightmare it is, YOU CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS BOX. I recent purchased a 2008 1.6i citi rox and in the morning I have to wait till the car has reached running temperature in order for me to even touch the gas pedal for a clean rev, otherwise it's misfire upon misfire. Went through some of the threads on this forum and based on previous experiences from other owners with the same ECU I have decided to go for the MP9 Bosch conversion.
VW has discontinued the supply of this ECU from their factory and has non in stock, the manufacturers PFK SHERLOK also stopped manufacturing the ECU (for obvious reasons) and was apparently taken over by AOTOWATCH TELEMATICS. So long story short, if you have a citi golf or vw with a SHURLOK ECU in it.....be prepared for BAD news.
Just thought I would share my experience thus far.
Will be going to a gentleman in Hout Bay, Cape Town to do the conversion......I believe he is quite good and his prices are very Capetonian...lol
He is basically going to convert your Mpi system to Mp9
eugeneduplessis
Enlisted

Yes that's correct...still getting used to all this MP9...MPi goetis man....jisso....maak n man deurmekaar...lol
eugeneduplessis
Enlisted

Spoke to a guy from Direct Data and he says that the 2008 models do not come out with a Sherlok ECU....nou is ek confused....eish
Pynoxim
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Membership No: missing

Post by Pynoxim »

Oh yeah, Allen in Hout Bay is a pretty cool guy, if anyone can sort you out, it's him.
Thursday Milkshake Crew
'00 GS2 Lexus GS300
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

MPI was 2009 onwards but it is says that on the box in the car then it is one.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
vandyh
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Velociti

Post by vandyh »

my 2008 Tenaciti was MPI, converted it to MP9 as well.
Current ride
2007 - Jetta VI 2.0TDI
2007 - Velociti - 2.0 (91wkW, 174nm) @ 8V Performance
2014 - Kia Rio TEC

Previous rides
2008 - Polo 1.9 TDi 14i
2008 - Citi 14i
1996 - Citi Chico
2003 - Ford Fiesta
1986 - Golf MK2