Jetta MK3 1998 Immobiliser issue - please help!

SylarGolf
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 6 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK2 Golf

Jetta MK3 1998 Immobiliser issue - please help!

Post by SylarGolf »

Hows it everyone,

I am in serious need of help. On Monday I was about to leave for work, used my immobilizer remote to switch off the alarm and immobilizer. Noticed the battery was flatter then usual after standing the weekend. Had to push start the car as we were in a rush. Drove through to my Jozi apartment, as I was about to leave for from there immobilizer wont switch off at all. Battery was fine as their was enough juice to start the car but of course immobilizer would kick in. Towed it to the company mechanic, he just notified me that it does seem like an alarm problem but he can't help at all as this particular factory alarms has all white wiring.. Is there anybody out there that can either give me advice or assistance?
SylarGolf
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 6 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK2 Golf

Re: Jetta MK3 1998 Immobiliser issue - please help!

Post by SylarGolf »

Peej
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK 3 GTI 16v Turbo

Post by Peej »

HowZit

this seems to be a common problem on the older Vw's

often this can be cause by water damage, old age, or a dead cell battery

i know a guy that quite good with these kinda things, in the south of Joburg ( if thats not too far)

if you want his number i can PM it to you- He did my alarm system on my golf 3 gti ( same issues as yours) and ended up putting in an aftermarket systesm, and works perfectly with the pneumatic locking system
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Have you disabled the immobo by plugging it into socket on the dash and see if you are able to start car again? Both alarm and immobo lights should then be on. I think replugging it in the dash arms it again.