not tdi. oil coming out via dipstick and headcylinder

teboho donna
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

not tdi. oil coming out via dipstick and headcylinder

Post by teboho donna »

Hi members,
I have a problem with my vw microbus with a passat 500se engine. 3 months back noticed that the oil was very thin and Smooth as water :type: I normally let my car idle for 15 to do minutes in the morning but in this event I only started it and had a revs and it was in the coldest day this November. :roll: it only took me 20 minutes I started to notice smoke and i stopped and checked so I saw oil being blown through dipstick as I reved and there was a heavy leakage :drool: on the head of engine. I have open the engine found a small rich on sleeves and cleaned it. what could have been the problem with this engine. some say it's too much compression. and some say it could be pins? :lol:

please help :hurray:
MeanTdi
The Imposer Mod-whore-rator
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: WRX
Membership No: 1153

Re: not tdi. oil coming out via dipstick and headcylinder

Post by MeanTdi »

Moving to N/A engines...
Marco

Current: Subaru WRX
Ex: VW Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
Ex: VW Golf VR6
Ex: VW Golf 1.8 GTi 16v

ALFAHOLIC wrote:What can go wrong, jarre you guys sound like you are describing an Alfa here...
My Corsa OPC wrote:Its not an oil leak, its just an Opel marking its territory :lol:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: not tdi. oil coming out via dipstick and headcylinder

Post by panic-mechanic »

Sounds like it was overfeulling and cuased bore wash which would wear the rings and bore. Letting and engine idle for a long time form cold is actually a bad habit. Start it and move oof so it can warm up faster. I don't know what a passat 500se is but perhaps you are referrring the the 5cyl motor? Which size one and do you know which management is on there.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.