Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo 1.6

VW 2011 polo vivo 1.6 mods

Post by RicardoAM »

Hi there

i hope this is the right place to post this

I recently got a 2011 polo vivo 1.6 and just had a few questions as it is my first car and have been trying to get more involved in cars by attending events and what not to learn more about them

My questions are, at what point does a persons look to software for their car because i hear people speak about stage 2 software and this and that and wanted to know if there is much benefit from it and what would i need to have done to a stock engine before considering stage 1 software for a car like mine. Also a exhaust and branches for the car where should i look to get hold of that i hear pro fit is not bad and power flow but like i said i am new to this so would not mind some other advice on the topic. i am looking to make a little more power in the car and just get the sound a bit better but do not want to be that guy everyone hears 2 roads down when i floor it.

Side note: best place to get rims and what size of rims i should consider for the car? I was thinking 15" or 16"

I hope i can get some answers on the topic :smile:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: VW 2011 polo vivo 1.6 mods

Post by panic-mechanic »

1) software if there is anybody that offer it for your car will do very little.
Becuase you car is naturally aspirated itnis not a simple case of turning the boost up which is what most 'software' does
The normal way for naturally aspirated is head gas flowing, camshafts with longer duartion and freeflow exhaust
Cams for your car is near impossible to get which leave you with gasflow and freeflow exhaust which if you are lucky will give you maybe 5-10 % increase and cost way more than what software on a turbo car does.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Re: VW 2011 polo vivo 1.6 mods

Post by THANAS »

Agreed, these are not performance cars in any way. Even though the vivo replaced the citi golf as the entry level vw they are far more difficult/expensive to mod and play around. The Vivos that have had software done (that I've heard of) have reporting pinging and flat spots and minimal gains. Imo exhaust/branches for sound and small gain and perhaps an intake. Keep the original parts though as that will definitely, negatively affect resale value.