EPC Light

W3SS93
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

EPC Light

Post by W3SS93 »

Hi guys im new to the Club

i have VW polo 1.4 6R 2010 model, recently while i was driving the EPC light came on, so took it for a diagnostic test and figured it was miss firing on 2nd piston so we checked and the spark plug was burned so replaced all 4 spark plugs, and drove fine till the end of the day and then the next day on my way to work the EPC light came back on and put the car into limp mode again, any suggestions as to what else could be the problem?
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Re: EPC Light

Post by THANAS »

Which error codes popped up on the diagnostic scan?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Epc can be triggered by lots of errors. Without a scan it is imposible to know.
If you scan it with vagcom look for the error that has in brackets (mil on) that is the one that triggered the light.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
dubz-on-drugz
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by dubz-on-drugz »

W3SS93 wrote:Hi guys im new to the Club

i have VW polo 1.4 6R 2010 model, recently while i was driving the EPC light came on, so took it for a diagnostic test and figured it was miss firing on 2nd piston so we checked and the spark plug was burned so replaced all 4 spark plugs, and drove fine till the end of the day and then the next day on my way to work the EPC light came back on and put the car into limp mode again, any suggestions as to what else could be the problem?
As panic said . It's really hard to troubleshoot when everything or 1 thing could be an issue. With a scan we can narrow it down . I had the epc light come on my 6r and it was losing compression on 3rd cyl.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk