Fuel Pump on MP9 Caddy

Ettos
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Fuel Pump on MP9 Caddy

Post by Ettos »

Hi All,I just want to know if the fuel pump can be connected straight to the ignition and what repercussions that can have on my Caddy.
Whenever I start the bakkie there's black smoke coming from two exhaust pipes,one more than other.Timing is correctly set..Please assist with this,btw I do have the wiring diagram for an external pump.
Abnormal
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 19 years 11 months
Membership No: 848

Re: Fuel Pump on MP9 Caddy

Post by Abnormal »

Welcome

It wont cut fuel when if the engine stalls. I assume yous till intend using a relay.
What does the fuel pump being connected to the ignition have to do with the black smoke?
more smoke on one side means more exhaust gasses are flowing out of that side.
\Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

Hi,

Black smoke I figured is because of unburned fuel,I am gonna connect it the way it should work. To answer your question about the black smoke and pump on the ignition,well it should run trough a relay,cause it's overfueling thats cause by the pump never switching off! Did you actually assist here or what? If you dont have informative replies,keep your arrogance to yourself please!
Abnormal
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Abnormal »

Ettos wrote:Hi,

Black smoke I figured is because of unburned fuel,I am gonna connect it the way it should work. To answer your question about the black smoke and pump on the ignition,well it should run trough a relay,cause it's overfueling thats cause by the pump never switching off! Did you actually assist here or what? If you dont have informative replies,keep your arrogance to yourself please!
Eish

Just asked a question to get more info, as I was not clear if these were related problems.
Pump not switching should not cause over fueling on an MP9, but it sounds like you know better already.
\Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Yes it should be connected like that, but i dont understand the last bit about overfueling???
Welcome newbie
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Abnormal
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Abnormal »

Unobeat wrote:

Yes it should be connected like that, but i dont understand the last bit about overfueling???
Welcome newbie
Do you not understand or are you just arrogant!!! :rant:
\Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Abnormal wrote:
Unobeat wrote:

Welcome newbie
Do you not understand or are you just arrogant!!! :rant:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Where is Neuk when you need him or Panic.......
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

you can let the pump run permanantly and it will not cuase overfuelling. Incorrect tuning or a failed sensor on EFI will cuase smoke. Not the way the pump is connected. But connecting the pump to ignition is a little stupid and very dangerous. The reason why it is connected to run only when the engine is turning is that when you are in an accident when the motor stops the pumps shuts off. if not and there you are knocked out and the pump is still running and a fuel line is split and it catches fire it will happily continue spraying the entire contents of your tank on the fire instead of stopping.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

Thanks Panic,I'm actually looking for your number,I saw one of your replies and it's pretty good. The reason I say it's overfueling is the fact that it never smoked. It started just after I connected straight onto ignition,hence I'm saying it should run trough a relay on MP9.You can smell the unburned fuel,I know my Map Sensor is fine because when the car idled(roughly),I unplugged it and the car died. Also it's an Aftermarket Bosch pump and I feel it pumps too much to be connected straight. Pin 25 on ECU -Brown is for your fuel pump relay and should go to 85 on relay,86 ign power,87 + of pump and 30 straight from battery. So I'm telling you if the pump is connected like that it's overfueling no other thing there,causing misfire,and throws my spark plugs dead.It did run trough relay however it died,and I had no other way to keep my bakkie running.That is when I came to the conclusion that it shouldn't work straight from ign but you guys give me kak about what I experienced.So again if you cannot reply with insight keep your kak to yourself.Black smoke out of your exhaust is petrol,I can give you a letter on that.So if it's overfueling you'll get that at any car.
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

What is causing my spark plugs to continuously fail? I've replaced it now 3 times still the same! It can't be my injectors because it worked fine before the relay went. I still didn't manage to get the pump to cut off!
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

Bore-wash also occurred at my engine...I know that cause I smelled petrol in my engine oil,flushed the engine with diesel,put in new oil,haven't started it up yet as I don't get the pump to cut off.I know that my injectors + should also be on pin 87 on f/p relay..Two cables that's throwing me off red and yellow and black cable I haven't unscrew the whole new spec dash to see where they're coming from.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Ok so if you have all the answers why not connect a relay be sorted then.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

So ECU mapping, injectors and fuel.pressure regulators have nothing to do with fueling then?
Damn...... everyone is doing it wrong then.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

I have zero informative replies other than to say that if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

Thanks for nothing than
Abnormal
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Abnormal »

You are welcome, actually I started with that.

*then
\Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/
Gielie
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 4 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Heeelooks
Membership No: 1729

Post by Gielie »

Ettos wrote:Thanks for nothing than
Hi Ettos

It seems that you are quite new here, and having a bad time.

Reading this thread, some of our most helpful and knowledgeable users have responded to your query.
However, that being said, your tone and messages are perceived as you knowing what you are doing, and that you do not require any help, nor do you want it. You perceive them all to be arrogant or non constructive to the problem you are experiencing.

I do hope that you solve your problem, and please let us know what was wrong.
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Abnormal wrote:You are welcome, actually I started with that.

*then
If you dont have informative replies,keep your arrogance to yourself please!
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Ettos
Enlisted

Post by Ettos »

Hi there,

I re-wired everything,just want to know why my pump aren't cutting out like it used to,like I explained injectors and pump's +ve are together on pin 87 on relay,Ecu pin 25 goes to/I wired it straight from ECU to relay's pin 85,86 I bridged with 86 of wipers,ignition power and 30 is coming straight from battery. What am I doing wrong? Once again if you're gonna reply again with poo keep it to yourself.I prefer WhatsApp 0842902838 or leave your number and I'll call back thanks.
P.S- The reason I want it to work trough relay is for safety precautions and also just as I connected it straight I started having the problem that it keeps misfiring,I also haven't done any test on injectors or any sensors to say that could be the problem.I also wanted to know what does thinners do,cause I had a mechanic that threw thinners into fuel rail to start the bakkie? He said it's gonna do nothing. Isn't there rubbers that could've get damaged by this?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Test pin 25 with a multimeter. Must be open circuit untill you crank the engine and then it must be pulled to ground. If it does not do that then the mp9 box is faulty.
Have you tested the relay
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10