Acceleration lag on Polo 6R 2010 1.6

Brett6R
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Acceleration lag on Polo 6R 2010 1.6

Post by Brett6R »

I am wanting to get some feedback from anyone who can assist me with a lag of Power from the standard 1.6 polo 6R
vehicle has done 148k km's and I have serviced it on a regular basis , I have changed the fuel filters and given it a full service
as well as putting in an injector cleaner ... :eek: but still very slow on take off

any ideas as to why I lack the power I once had in the vehicle and should I send it in to be Dyno tuned at an accredited RMI Dealership ? this specific dealer deals in Audi and BMW as well as VW :driving:

I really don't want to sell this car but if I cant fix the problem shortly I will .... :bang:

one more thing is ... Money - or rather a lack of it, :cry: so any Fixes that I can do myself I will greatly appreciate ...
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Acceleration lag on Polo 6R 2010 1.6

Post by panic-mechanic »

lack or lag.
lag describes the time it takes for a turbo to spool up from when you put your foot down or an amount of time passes before something happens.
lack is a shortage of.
you use both terms.....
makes for a very confusing post.
also not sure How RMI accreditation will make for a good dyno shop but ok.
Rather get word of mouth references from guys here.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Brett6R
Enlisted

Post by Brett6R »

Lag, it takes a fair time for the acceleration to take affect, maybe 2 seconds or more, it seems to have a lag when the accelerator is applied and a lack of power as well
UzziB
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A3 1.8TFSI 8P

Post by UzziB »

Are you refering to lack of power in like 6th gear or something?
If you aint first, your last !!!

B_rad
Major
Registered for: 12 years
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Fiesta ST180
Membership No: 1835

Post by B_rad »

Who serviced the car previously? Perhaps they didn't change all of the items they said they did.
If not that, have the car scanned?
It could be literally anything.

I assume there are no strange noises associated with this lack of power? Like a misfire etc?
How is the car in the rest of the gears? Sluggish as well?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Possibly somebody from that area can suggest a dyno shop that has possibly done a few dyno days where they might have run a couple of cars like yours.
Then go there and ask then to just do a couple of power runs on your car.
compare it to others like yours and see if it is off or not.
Or ask if somebody here owns one that you guys can compare.
Is this a 1.6 TDI you are talking about or Petrol Naturally aspirated.
Is this in any gear - like form pullaway at a stop. is this manual?. please supply all the info on your car.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Brett6R
Enlisted

Post by Brett6R »

It is a 1.6 petrol engine, it had a FSH from the agents in pmb, I did a thorough service myself, changed a/filter and all the usual parts including spark plugs, I have no noises when changing gears but I'll see if I can post a short video so you can get a better idea of my problem, I've read a lot of posts and I don't have any error messages on the vcds, I have also changed out the O2 sensors as that was also suggested in some posts
dubz-on-drugz
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by dubz-on-drugz »

Do you have any lights on ..on the dash ... my car behaved that way when the epc light was on ,on the dash cluster

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Welcome

I also add to what Panic said, get a friend or someone else who has the same model as yours and test to see if it behaves the same way.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Dookie77
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2014 Golf MK4 GTI R
Membership No: missing

Post by Dookie77 »

Sounds like a faulty throttle body. Maybe start there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current ride: 2004 Image Golf IV GTI R
Ex ride: 2008 Image 9n3 Polo 1.6i Comfortline
Ex ride: 2012 Image 6R Polo 1.6i Comfortline
Ex ride: 2007 Image Golf V GTI (Stock BWA)
icycho
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by icycho »

Brett6R wrote:It is a 1.6 petrol engine, it had a FSH from the agents in pmb, I did a thorough service myself, changed a/filter and all the usual parts including spark plugs, I have no noises when changing gears but I'll see if I can post a short video so you can get a better idea of my problem, I've read a lot of posts and I don't have any error messages on the vcds, I have also changed out the O2 sensors as that was also suggested in some posts
I have the same problem with my polo, lag is pretty bad and dangerous at intersections
icycho
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by icycho »

Brett6R wrote:It is a 1.6 petrol engine, it had a FSH from the agents in pmb, I did a thorough service myself, changed a/filter and all the usual parts including spark plugs, I have no noises when changing gears but I'll see if I can post a short video so you can get a better idea of my problem, I've read a lot of posts and I don't have any error messages on the vcds, I have also changed out the O2 sensors as that was also suggested in some posts
I tried doing a throttle reset which improved the situation
Press the throttle and turn the ignition on only, hold it for 10 secs then release..and remove the key