luqies
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6r 1.4 Comfortline

Polo 6R Service Schedule

Post by luqies »

My vehicle is a 2011 Polo 1.4.

My car is due for a service according to the on board computer as it was last serviced 12 months ago.

I don't have the service book so I would like to know if anyone has a pdf or a picture or information on what must be done at each service as I would like to service my vehicle myself. Or maybe just guide me on what work should be done. Mileage 51 600

Thanks
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace
Membership No: missing

Re: Polo 6R Service Schedule

Post by amstel18 »

I wuold also like to know what gets done.

My 6C doesn't show what gets done IIRC. Neither does my wife's Astra.

Seems car manufacturers don't want people to service their own cars, or know what gets done at each service.
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Off Topic!!

I wonder if these small cars are like the BMW/Audi/MERC in that certain things need to be change at X(oil, filters or spark plugs) kilometer and not everything gets changed at once.

I hope i am making sense..
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

Unobeat wrote:Off Topic!!

I wonder if these small cars are like the BMW/Audi/MERC in that certain things need to be change at X(oil, filters or spark plugs) kilometer and not everything gets changed at once.

I hope i am making sense..
Yes they are , most manufacturers are doing that, oil service, oil and a few others , then oil and spark plugs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member

Post by Kavi4GP »

luqies wrote:My vehicle is a 2011 Polo 1.4.

My car is due for a service according to the on board computer as it was last serviced 12 months ago.

I don't have the service book so I would like to know if anyone has a pdf or a picture or information on what must be done at each service as I would like to service my vehicle myself. Or maybe just guide me on what work should be done. Mileage 51 600

Thanks
Not hard to find out ring up a dealer and ask for what is required for that service interval , has the car ever been serviced ?

Last edited by Kavi4GP on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:

EX:
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member

Post by Kavi4GP »

amstel18 wrote:I wuold also like to know what gets done.

My 6C doesn't show what gets done IIRC. Neither does my wife's Astra.

Seems car manufacturers don't want people to service their own cars, or know what gets done at each service.
Well so far the highest milage 6C we know off is 107000 km , 105k was oil service and 2yrs old today.

Current:

EX:
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member

Post by Kavi4GP »

Thanks
This would be service four or five , either way if diy, Shell oil, good brand oil filter(GUD , Hergst, Fram), Good air filter and spark plugs , all up about R800-R900 and about 45 min of work with a jack and a oil filter tool to help along

Current:

EX:
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
luqies
Cadet

Post by luqies »

Kavi4GP wrote:

Thanks
Not hard to find out ring up a dealer and ask for what is required for that service interval , has the car ever been serviced ?

car has been serviced as I did contact vw head office and they told me it was serviced at 40 000km. I asked them to send me a document with all the services and work done and they said they dont do that. Not sure why they wont send as my previous Audi they sent me a doc with all the work done. Can any dealership pull up the work done on my car?
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member

Post by Kavi4GP »

luqies wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote:

Thanks

car has been serviced as I did contact vw head office and they told me it was serviced at 40 000km. I asked them to send me a document with all the services and work done and they said they dont do that. Not sure why they wont send as my previous Audi they sent me a doc with all the work done. Can any dealership pull up the work done on my car?
The dealers can and will help to give information on the vehicle as long as the owner with vin requests the history.

The head office should have told you that, but in any case rather just change all every service , the 120000km/5yr service is major with cambelt change , in your case as milage is not high , next service should have the change done as they degrade not only with use but time as well.

Current:

EX:
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
luqies
Cadet

Post by luqies »

Kavi4GP wrote:
luqies wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote:

Thanks

The dealers can and will help to give information on the vehicle as long as the owner with vin requests the history.

The head office should have told you that, but in any case rather just change all every service , the 120000km/5yr service is major with cambelt change , in your case as milage is not high , next service should have the change done as they degrade not only with use but time as well.

cambelt or chain? "The one thing that got my attention was that the new Polo’s now have a timing chain instead of a cam belt, which eliminated that ridiculously over priced 90000km service" source: http://www.driveza.net/2011/07/2011-vw- ... tline.html
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member

Post by Kavi4GP »

luqies wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote:
luqies wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote: Not hard to find out ring up a dealer and ask for what is required for that service interval , has the car ever been serviced ?

cambelt or chain? "The one thing that got my attention was that the new Polo’s now have a timing chain instead of a cam belt, which eliminated that ridiculously over priced 90000km service" source: http://www.driveza.net/2011/07/2011-vw- ... tline.html
That im not sure about whats fitted , rather phone and see what it has

Current:

EX:
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
PoloMan7
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months
Car Model: Polo

Post by PoloMan7 »

I also own 2 Polo's and looked all over the web for the VW Polo service schedules.

All I could find was this :

India and SA uses same VW models...

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php ... Itemid=91
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=372242

Polo is the same as VW Golf in almost all cases.

Hope this will help others.