Polo vivo 1.4 fuel pump relay ?

Dwdube
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Re: Polo vivo 1.4 fuel pump relay ?

Post by Dwdube »

I have a 2012 VW Polo Vivo 1.4 and experienced the same problem 4 days ago. Since then my car has not started. How do I open this panel with the fuel pump relays. I am afraid I may break something.
Dwdube
Enlisted

Post by Dwdube »

Can someone post a picture the relay panel and how to open it? Please help
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Not too sure on the 2012 vivo, if its any similar to 9n polos, u can get to the relays from just above the small "tray" thats under the steering wheel.
If theres like a cut away in the dash u can pull the plastic piece out.

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dwdube
Enlisted

Post by Dwdube »

I'll check it out. Thanks
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Check here. Not too sure if urs will be the same thoughImageImage

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dwdube
Enlisted

Post by Dwdube »

Yes it looks the same I'm just failing to pull the cover off. What instrument can I use?
Dwdube
Enlisted

Post by Dwdube »

Yes it looks the same I'm just failing to pull the cover off. What instrument can I use? Should I just yank it off ?
luqies
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 6r 1.4 Comfortline

Post by luqies »

I read in other posts that the problem was also a faulty coolant temp sensor? So is the starting problem due to the faulty relay or the coolant sensor?
Daxter77
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Daxter77 »

Hi. My 2012 polo Vivo 1.4 petrol is not starting. The engine turns but not firing up. This comes after the car was driving but would randomly switch off while i'm driving. The car would start and idle for a minute or so but then just dies. It got worse over time and was taken for a diagnostics test and got crankshaft sensor and fuel pump relay fault message. (R4000) later the car was doing the exact same thing. The new crank sensor was said to be faulty and another was bought but guess what, same problem. The men at the workshop are now pulling out their own hair as the can't figure out what the problem is and have according to them checked EVERYTHING. Is there anyone out there that can advise me what to do and where to look? My car has been standing for nearly 2 months now.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Daxter77 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 am Hi. My 2012 polo Vivo 1.4 petrol is not starting. The engine turns but not firing up. This comes after the car was driving but would randomly switch off while i'm driving. The car would start and idle for a minute or so but then just dies. It got worse over time and was taken for a diagnostics test and got crankshaft sensor and fuel pump relay fault message. (R4000) later the car was doing the exact same thing. The new crank sensor was said to be faulty and another was bought but guess what, same problem. The men at the workshop are now pulling out their own hair as the can't figure out what the problem is and have according to them checked EVERYTHING. Is there anyone out there that can advise me what to do and where to look? My car has been standing for nearly 2 months now.
Welcome to the forum

When a workshop who are meant to fix the car, tell you that they don't what to check now.
It is time to look for another workshop that knows what they doing.

Where are you located?
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
bossy.mokhele
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by bossy.mokhele »

my 2015 polo vivo 1.4 relay 191 906 383C >PA66-GF30 < making a clicking sound and ABS light stay on and it cannot start as well please assist
luqies
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 6r 1.4 Comfortline

Post by luqies »

I know my post is unrelated to the previous one, I actually changed my battery and my starting issues disappeared. Found out the battery I had was the wrong size as well. First look there before looking at other fixes.
gokhane
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by gokhane »

wish there was a resolution note if there was one to this thread as I have very similar symptoms on my car..
Keegan686
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months

Post by Keegan686 »

Is ur car sorted i had the same prob