Pinch
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi Chico 1.4i

Citi Chico 1.4i Fuel consumption

Post by Pinch »

Hi,

I dont know if its my right foot or something else thats chowiung my petrol buuuuut...

I filled the tank last week and travelled 377km and its already on 1/4 tank? :fear:

here are my engine specs.

Got 276/2 CAM
Powerflow Zorst
Branches
UniQ Chip
Stock MP9 airbox

or is this normal? I do an overall of about 31km(25km freeway, 6 urban) a day.
Current: Citi Chico 1.4i - 272 CAM|Freeflow Zorst|Branches|UniQ Chip|Stock MP9 airbox
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Citi Chico 1.4i Fuel consumption

Post by panic-mechanic »

With a cam consumption will suffer. if you get anywhere near 10 km/l be happy.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Wit Ark
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years
Car Model: Citi Chico baby dragster
Membership No: missing

Post by Wit Ark »

with the mods, mainly the cam, that is actually very very good consumption figures you are getting :-) I would however recommend a 268 estas cam for the 1.4i. The mods you have is what i call textbook, those are what i will do to every single car i ever own, they are the basics without touching the engine, improving where vw tried to save costs with mass production. Only thing i would change on your setup is to invest in a K&N flat stock replacement air filter, otherwise leave it as is and it will be 100% reliable for decades to come, anything more and reliability, drive-ability and consumption starts to suffer.

m2c :-)
2.0i ADY. 90.2kW & 198.1Nm atw excl. 50Horses VAT 13.9980sec @ OKH nationals 7/4/2012
Pinch
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Model: Citi Chico 1.4i

Post by Pinch »

Wit Ark wrote:with the mods, mainly the cam, that is actually very very good consumption figures you are getting :-) I would however recommend a 268 estas cam for the 1.4i. The mods you have is what i call textbook, those are what i will do to every single car i ever own, they are the basics without touching the engine, improving where vw tried to save costs with mass production. Only thing i would change on your setup is to invest in a K&N flat stock replacement air filter, otherwise leave it as is and it will be 100% reliable for decades to come, anything more and reliability, drive-ability and consumption starts to suffer.

m2c :-)
2 cents greatly accepted :)... the K&N Flat panel will be going in end of this month along with the major service.

Thanks again gents.
Current: Citi Chico 1.4i - 272 CAM|Freeflow Zorst|Branches|UniQ Chip|Stock MP9 airbox
ahmedy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 5 months
Car Model: vELOCITI
Membership No: missing

Post by ahmedy »

Don't feel too bad,I have a 1.4 velociti with 268 cam,no branch,no exhaust and no chip.I do 8km/L.only urban driving and I do about 35kms a day.I also don't often flat foot nor race my car often

I will in future add the chip and exhaust but will keep the std branch.
[img]castrol_signature.jpg[/img]