2l 8v not driving after i serviced it.

MJ 2l 8v
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

2l 8v not driving after i serviced it.

Post by MJ 2l 8v »

Good Day People,

I'm new to the mk1 golf family.
I recently bought me a 2l 8v with a dictator management. (my first car)

I serviced my car Saturday past, and now it doesn't want to drive.
all i did was change the spark plugs, petrol filter, and oil. (oil filter was a struggle to take off so i left it on because my old spark plug was not in a bad condition)

I had a friend of mine look at the car, but couldn't determine why the car is unable to drive.
The car starts up and idle but then dies after a few minutes.

I'm thinking it could be one of two things or both. My 3 pin coil or my dictator management.

can anyone please assist?
I wouldn't want to take it to be tuned and than that's not the problem.

Regards

MJ 2l 8v.
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Re: 2l 8v not driving after i serviced it.

Post by THANAS »

MJ 2l 8v wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 pm (oil filter was a struggle to take off so i left it on because my old spark plug was not in a bad condition)
Hmmm...
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

THANAS wrote:
MJ 2l 8v wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 pm (oil filter was a struggle to take off so i left it on because my old spark plug was not in a bad condition)
Hmmm...
Double Mmmhhh

You need to make a plan bro, remove and change out that Oil filter.

You cannot put in new oil into a motor with old oil filter.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Warm caddy
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 1 month
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Polo vivo

Post by Warm caddy »

Get yourself the oil filter wrench type, not the belt, get the 3 jaws one, it will take it off
Vw Polo Vivo 1.4
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

what fuel filter are you using?? As in brand?
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
MJ 2l 8v
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by MJ 2l 8v »

Problem sorted.

wires from my coil to my distributor was laying against my fan, so each time I my drove my car the fan was eating away wires.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

MJ 2l 8v wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 am Problem sorted.

wires from my coil to my distributor was laying against my fan, so each time I my drove my car the fan was eating away wires.
Glad you sorted. :cool:
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.