2009 Citi Sport 1.4i died not starting

Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

2009 Citi Sport 1.4i died not starting

Post by Dub rox »

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and could not find any related topics so here goes... My toy just opt out about a week ago while idling.Every thing was fine exept the ignition timing that i had to set but had to get the car to someone with the vag software to get it in timing mode. Well as i mentioned the car was idling till the fan kicked in and then died whith a pinging sound. I hoped for the best and checked the timing belt and timing. All was 100%. Tried to start again with no avail. I started by eliminating the fuel filter wich i replaced and then the coil and complete distributor as ther was no fire. I also checked the two fuses next to the battery and reset the service light .This issue is giving me sleapless nights and any help and advice as to what the problem could be would be appriciated.

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
Dub rox
Cadet

Re: 2009 Citi Sport 1.4i died not starting

Post by Dub rox »

If anyone knows the hall sender vallues please post. Guess i'll start at the dissy. If anyone knows these ecu's could you tell me if it could go into a safe or limp mode for some strange reason? Im dumb struck as to what the sudden problem could be. Thanx

8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Sounds like the MPI system is fried- considering the year model you would have the MPI system and I've heard and see them go all wrong
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

8VALVE-zn wrote:Sounds like the MPI system is fried- considering the year model you would have the MPI system and I've heard and see them go all wrong
Thanx for the reply. It's not mp9 so must be mpi. Any ideas as to what coul cause the problem?

Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

09 citi sport is definitely mpi

If im not mistaken, faulty mpi ecu's start adding too much fuel or mess up timing. There could also be other symptoms aswell..

Try scanning the car for fault codes amd probably view live data.. if u know what they ecu is seeing it would help.
O2 sensor codes are scary..

Long story short, mpi is a rubbish system then fails very commonly.

There are alot of posts here with mpi issues, u can go through them..

Was ur car running too rich?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Ashveer03 wrote:09 citi sport is definitely mpi

If im not mistaken, faulty mpi ecu's start adding too much fuel or mess up timing. There could also be other symptoms aswell..

Try scanning the car for fault codes amd probably view live data.. if u know what they ecu is seeing it would help.
O2 sensor codes are scary..

Long story short, mpi is a rubbish system then fails very commonly.

There are alot of posts here with mpi issues, u can go through them..

Was ur car running too rich?

It was running a bit rich and hunting because of the ignition timing i had to set but still needed to get the car into timing mode.Will most probably go for after market ecu. Better for future mods and less issues and more easily interfaceable. Shopping on gotech systems for the moment.Any advice and school fees payd in this regard?

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Decide on who is gonna tune ur car, and ask them what ecu they prefer to work with..

I know people using all different types of managements and they all seem to work reasonably ok. I think some are more difficult to use than others and probably features differ, that is one of the reasons u should check with your tuner first

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Ashveer03 wrote:Decide on who is gonna tune ur car, and ask them what ecu they prefer to work with..

I know people using all different types of managements and they all seem to work reasonably ok. I think some are more difficult to use than others and probably features differ, that is one of the reasons u should check with your tuner first

Spoke to the guys at gotech in alberton, they seem to know a fair bit and the turnaround time is fairly fast. (One day)

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Gotech it is then.. all the best bud.. let us know how it goes

Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Ashveer03 wrote:Gotech it is then.. all the best bud.. let us know how it goes

Thanx. Will do