Implausible signal

Germanzn
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Implausible signal

Post by Germanzn »

I had my vehicle diagnostics done and can anyone tell me what does implausible signal from the crank sensor and misfire on cylinder3 mean? The vehicle has no power, battles to start up and it sounds almost like it has airlock on fuel side. Please assist.
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Implausible signal

Post by Jetta2 »

What is the fault code?
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Mbo911
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 5 months

Post by Mbo911 »

Please check your engine speed sensor/crank sensor wiring maybe its loose, that's why struggles to start and misfire.
Misfire on cylinder 3 could be the ignition coil on cylinder 3, please replace that and see if it will go away.
please post the fault codes so that we can see.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Germanzn wrote:I had my vehicle diagnostics done and can anyone tell me what does implausible signal from the crank sensor and misfire on cylinder3 mean? The vehicle has no power, battles to start up and it sounds almost like it has airlock on fuel side. Please assist.
Implausible signal means that the data from the sensor is outside of the values that the ECU is expecting.

Misfire on cylinder (?) means exactly that. The ECU has detected that in (?) cylinder combustion has not occurred.

What vehicle do you have and where are you located in KZN? There are a number of good mechanics I could send you to, but it doesn't help you if they are far away.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+