Golf 5 tdi 2.0 2004

Mebra
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Golf 5 tdi 2.0 2004

Post by Mebra »

Hi guys I need help I hv golf 5 2.0 tdi the issue is that it won't accelerate above 10 amps it is misfiring no power to move at all it was fine but b4 that is blust the pipe from turbo while I was driving and I realized that the clamp was not properly fitted and I fixed that I drove about 2km and it lost pover it couldn't move and I went to find a guy to diagnose the the car the fault it shows that cylinder 4,3,2, implausible signal can anyone help
Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Re: Golf 5 tdi 2.0 2004

Post by Callum229 »

Could be wiring loom for injectors. Sits in oil inside the tappet cover. Known to fail and cause misfiring, implausible signals, electrical issues.

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.
Mebra
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Post by Mebra »

I change the wiring loom also another thing I figured is that the car was charging low than the required 12v can it be the ecu has blown mybe it doesn't supply the correct signal to the injectors but there is funny smell in it
Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Post by Callum229 »

Did you check ground connections?

One by fuse box, one by ecu under cowling that powers ecu, one in interior by footwell. There is a couple more. Maybe bad ground is causing your misfire as well.

Lower power usually does not blow ECUs unless power spiked up and damaged it somehow.

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.