2020 Ford Ranger 2.2

ChrisMaxx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

2020 Ford Ranger 2.2

Post by ChrisMaxx »

Hey guys.

Please delete if this isn't the right place for it but I seem to get no definitive answer for it online.

I want to do an EGR delete on my bakkie, is there any programming that needs to be done on the software? From what I can see on the car itself there is no sensors on the system and the boost is controlled by the wastegate, not the EGR like on some vehicles.

Please advise guys, dont want my valves to be caked in soot as it's still low kilos on the vehicle.
:cool:
JCTPUBLISHERS
Cadet
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Re: 2020 Ford Ranger 2.2

Post by JCTPUBLISHERS »

Is your ranger still under warranty!
ChrisMaxx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by ChrisMaxx »

JCTPUBLISHERS wrote:Is your ranger still under warranty!
Life is too short to worry about a warranty.
:cool:
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

ChrisMaxx wrote:Hey guys.

Please delete if this isn't the right place for it but I seem to get no definitive answer for it online.

I want to do an EGR delete on my bakkie, is there any programming that needs to be done on the software? From what I can see on the car itself there is no sensors on the system and the boost is controlled by the wastegate, not the EGR like on some vehicles.

Please advise guys, dont want my valves to be caked in soot as it's still low kilos on the vehicle.
Yes coding needs to be done along with the hardware changes.

If I may ask, for what reason do you want to do an EGR delete?

The Ranger 2.2's are not known for EGR failures, I have not heard of any either. Possibly the least troublesome part on the engine. As far as I am aware the only thing you have to gain is a reasonable decrease in fuel economy.

Both the 2.2 and 3.2 respond well to software tuning and are often stock barring exhaust and sometimes turbos.

My view is don't scratch where it doesn't itch.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
JCTPUBLISHERS
Cadet
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by JCTPUBLISHERS »

Good for you then!