Jetta 4 1.9tdi

Yusuf123
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 9 months

Jetta 4 1.9tdi

Post by Yusuf123 »

Good Evening Vw Members :hurray:

Please can someone guide me on this issue.

Friday evening my battery warning light came on while driving and it said check the alternator. Car started normal with no issue of the battery dying just yet. So on Monday morning I took it to a auto electrician and the battery was fine and the alternator was the issue so I got it repaired and it started perfectly. Then I see a diesel leak from the diesel pump near the top casing and the bottom . After driving it for 1 km or so I had some power issues till now. It drive's but in gear 1 at 1500 revs it pulls back bt very slightly and the car still goes and I can put it in gear 2 and gear 3 but it just holds back a bit and goes again very intermittent and not a aggressive holding back.

Please advice me guys. And with covid19 wrecking our livelihood am hoping and praying it ain't a serious issue.

Thanks
Cass
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Mk4 tdi
Membership No: missing

Re: Jetta 4 1.9tdi

Post by Cass »

taking a stab at it , the diesel pump leak , spilled on to the altenator , thus contamibation , resulting in the battery light. check the pump , and have it resealed
current: vw Golf mk4
1.9 Tdi

Ex: 92 citi rocketship (stolen)
Yusuf123
Enlisted

Post by Yusuf123 »

Makes sense.

So the bad pump will cause the loss of power ?

Am getting it resealed and changing the gaskets and everything that goes with it tomorrow

Thanks
Yusuf123
Enlisted

Post by Yusuf123 »

Hi guys

So this morning I had the pump resealed with no more diesel leaking. But am still experiencing a lack of power and then it drives normal then comes back again. Very same on a incline drives smooth and then if I drive up again it will pull back. What could b the issue?
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years

Post by VAG Fan »

It sounds as though your engine management is going into limp mode because of over- or underboost. I'd say you need to have the fault codes read from the car's diagnostic and take it from there.

P.S.: who did the pump sealing job?
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -
Papa TDI
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Papa TDI »

P.S.: who did the pump sealing job?
[/quote]

Hi Yusuf

I'm eagerly interested to know too?

Regards
Yusuf123