ash3n
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2000 Polo Playa

2007 vw jetta mk5 1.9Tdi (BXE)

Post by ash3n »

Hi All
I need your help please.I purchased subject vehicle im Feb 2020 from durban and drove up to Roodepoort. The car always had a long cranking issue about 5 to 15 seconds beforw it starts. In April i got stuck and it did not want to start. When the mech came out he had to clear a maf sensor code then car started as per normal. 1 week later we did oil and fuel service as well as a maf sensor change. Still having long cranking issues on the 1st start of the day. We changed glow plugs in may and no change. Whenni crank in the mornings its basically dead untill the (Stop oil pressure engine off error appears on the mfd) thereafter its starts and thats about 15 seconds of cranking the key.
The car just came back now from the mechanic who did camshaft and water pump change as he said it might be the timing. No change. He saud whennhe tested the glow plugs there was no volts so hes not sure how to test the Gkow plug relay module under the fuse box in the engine compartment. He just did a diagnostic and there is no errors.He did not advuse of changing the module because hes not sure if ut will fix the issue and also he said this car takes multiple temp sensors so he does not want to change uf there are no diagnostic errors.

Please forgive me if this question has been asked because i cant find any while searching. Looking forward to anyones help please.

Rgds
ASHEN
ash3n
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Model: 2000 Polo Playa

Re: 2007 vw jetta mk5 1.9Tdi (BXE)

Post by ash3n »

Please help guys
vwchico1,6i
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Golf 4 1.6 SR

Post by vwchico1,6i »

Id take it to someone like Panic Mechanic.

He knows his vws well.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Test the fuses on the front of the power distribution box. There are four mounted vertically that get power directly from the battery. I suggest physically removing them and checking them. One of these powers the glow plug relay. Another is mains into the fuse box and one for the radiator fan. Last one is for the alternator.

Even if they look whole, the fuses crack just under where the nut clamps down and they fail. This is more common on the 9N Polo's with the fuses mounted on top of the battery, but the Mk5 is similarly affected.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Post by Callum229 »

Check your torsional value(via vcds) and let me know what it is.

Also check for any codes relating to cam sensor or crank sensor, as those will cause the long cranking.

You can run without the MAF sensor, just unplug it and see if it improves your cranking time.

Any error codes? Glowplugs?
2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.