Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 Jetta 1.9 TDi Comfortline
Membership No: missing

replacing turbo on 1.9 tdi jetta 77kw

Post by Mr.G24 »

Hi Guys

i just like to ask what the difference is between the 96kw 1.9tdi turbo and the stock turbo i have on my 1.9tdi jetta 5?

also i would like to know is this just a straight swop to replace my stock turbo with a 96kw turbo and will i have any gains in kw and acceleration?

and would i need to do a vag scan to accommodate for the bigger turbo, i do not have any mapping done, just looking at changing for a 96kw turbo at this stage.

hope to hear your input on this

thanks
2008 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Comfortline (Reflex silver)
77kw @ 4000
250nm @ 1900
Rudi46
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 6 months
Car Make: Nike
Car Model: Walk and see more

Re: replacing turbo on 1.9 tdi jetta 77kw

Post by Rudi46 »

Polo would be the same as the jetta more or less

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=186129&hilit=pd160&start=75
Current - 1994 VW Caddy 1.8i
EX - 05 Audi A3 Sportback DSG 2TDI
Ex - 01 VW Golf MK4 TDi Estate
Ex - 00 Triumph Sprint ST(Stollen)
Ex - 83 Caddy
Ex - 02 Audi S3
Ex - Kartcraft Kestrel beach Buggy
Ex - 98 Golf Chico 2L
Ex - 01 Golf 4 Tdi
Ex - 92 Citi shuttle 2L
Ex - 90 Yamaha FZR1000
Ex - 90 Honda CBR400
Ex - 03 Honda NSR150SP
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Post by DieterMK5 »

Talking from experience. The turbo is a direct fit, however, do will need to be changed as well as the intake piping coming out of the turbo, also if I’m not mistaken you need to rotate the cold side of the turbo housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carel040
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by Carel040 »

Yes do it i have done it you need to do egr delete and buy connector for boost pipe would advise you to decat and do software to see the gains many tuners out there my conversion cost me R6000 incl software

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mr.G24
Cadet

Post by Mr.G24 »

THX DieterMK5, i will whatsapp you later as you have done this on your jetta to get all the info and ideas
THX Carel40, will do the software at a later stage, have to do the replacement in stages as money allows, i have already done the decat and straight pipe exhaust, will do the turbo with egr delete and then when there is cash, will do the software, if this is possible replacing the turbo and doe the egr delete without doing software, i know i will not have the gains i would have when the software has been done, but sure it will be worth the wait.
77kw @ 4000
250nm @ 1900
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

replacing turbo on 1.9 tdi jetta 77kw

Post by Pik Sooter »

Mr.G24 wrote:THX DieterMK5, i will whatsapp you later as you have done this on your jetta to get all the info and ideas
THX Carel40, will do the software at a later stage, have to do the replacement in stages as money allows, i have already done the decat and straight pipe exhaust, will do the turbo with egr delete and then when there is cash, will do the software, if this is possible replacing the turbo and doe the egr delete without doing software, i know i will not have the gains i would have when the software has been done, but sure it will be worth the wait.
Hey bud. So I used to own Dieter’s Jetta and did the conversion on the Jetta. What you will need: 96kw turbo, 96kw turbo exhaust flange, metal fabricator to cut you a 12mm flange for the exhaust (stock flange on your downpipe is round, the 96kw one is triangular), turn the intake housing 90 degrees down, besides that, everything else is bolt on. Look at my signature under EX’s, very highly detailed build thread there of the conversion. Feel free to PM me if you need anymore info. You will also need a custom oil feed pipe made for the turbo, also in the build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carel040
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by Carel040 »

It depends on what turbo is being used garret turbos are round flange v bolt clamp style kkk is three bolt clamp style i used the 96kw turbo from polo and only mod i had to do was to buy billet connector from goldwagen dont know if there is any difference between jetta and polo turbo ImageImageImage

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mr.G24
Cadet

Post by Mr.G24 »

thanks for the feedback guys

Piksooter, i will use your thread as a guide
Carel040, i will look into your feedback as well,

thanks
77kw @ 4000
250nm @ 1900