Golf Mk7 2.0 TDI Highline noisy suspension

Gbvl
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Gbvl »

I will soon need to book my golf for the 105k service. Which of the dealers are proficient in sorting out noisy suspension (back and front) or is there is other service centres that can also look at this?

I have complained about the noisy suspension on previous services at 2 vw dealers but either they do not know what to look for or are plainly just not interested in spending the time.

The car is out of warranty and service plan so willing to look outside dealers for assistance. I will also need to replace rear shocks as one started leaking oil.

Any suggestions will be appreciated
sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Re: Golf Mk7 2.0 TDI Highline noisy suspension

Post by sbu.mah »

I had a highline 1.4 TSI, which I sold towards the end of 2018

Mk7s are notorious for suspension noise and clanking. Suspension was checked I don't know how many times and was advised that nothing wrong with the suspension. Shock absorbers were replaced, new springs fitted and still

Did you put sports springs by any chance.

Owned the car for 5 years and it was on 158k km when I sold it

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
Gbvl
Enlisted

Post by Gbvl »

Thanks for the feedback. I did not change anything suspension wise and not sure if the previous owner did but do not think so as it was a low mileage 3 year old when i bought it. Will have the shocks checked.
r-hart
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 GTI

Post by r-hart »

Hi

I bought a 2013 1.4tsi with 45k km on the clock in Dec 2017. Every morning (esp in colder weather), the front suspension made noise going out my driveway onto the road. And every other place now and again, dependent on bump size and the speed the bump was hit as well. I sold it last month with 85k km and it still made the noise. I think this is a common problem with these cars.

It never gave me problems elsewhere. And was stable. i Bought it out of warantee, so never bothered to check it out. But i did read elsewhere other people complaining of the same thing
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

you ask which dealers are proficient but fail to give an area. How should people know where to refer you?
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Gbvl
Enlisted

Post by Gbvl »

panic-mechanic wrote:you ask which dealers are proficient but fail to give an area. How should people know where to refer you?
That’s true, sorry. Anywhere in the north or east of joburg will be good.
Gti3
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by Gti3 »

Hi there

Reviving this thread to see if you have had any luck as my mk7 also does have noisy suspension over bumps. It's like a creak sound.
2020 MK7.5 GTi DSG
2012 AMAROK BiTDi HIGHLINE 4MOTION 6MT

EX:2013 MK7 TDi HIGHLINE DSG
EX:2010 MK6 GTI 6MT
EX:2006 Ibiza Cupra TDi
EX:1993 Golf 3 Gti
EX:1970 Beetle 1600 Twinport
Gbvl
Enlisted

Post by Gbvl »

Had a service done at the agents in midrand 2 weeks ago and asked that the suspension to be thoroughly checked. According to them everything is still fine and they just lubricated the bushes on the rear links. Seems to be a bit less noisy.
Gti3
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by Gti3 »

Gbvl wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:23 pm Had a service done at the agents in midrand 2 weeks ago and asked that the suspension to be thoroughly checked. According to them everything is still fine and they just lubricated the bushes on the rear links. Seems to be a bit less noisy.
Ok thanks Bud
2020 MK7.5 GTi DSG
2012 AMAROK BiTDi HIGHLINE 4MOTION 6MT

EX:2013 MK7 TDi HIGHLINE DSG
EX:2010 MK6 GTI 6MT
EX:2006 Ibiza Cupra TDi
EX:1993 Golf 3 Gti
EX:1970 Beetle 1600 Twinport