fiex
Lieutenant
Registered for: 20 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta 6 1.4 TSi Comfortline

Caddy Alltrack TDI DSG

Post by fiex »

Hi guys!

I'm looking at trading the Jetta in on a Caddy Alltrack TDI with DSG.

I was initially looking at the 1.0 TSI model (being more of petrol than diesel fan), but decided against it in the end. So I decided that if I'm going diesel, I might as well go all out and get the 103kW with DSG one.

Since I'm new to TDI's (and DSG's for that matter) - are there anything specific I should look out for, and/or take care of? I'm looking at 2018's with low mileage, but it's good to know if there are any issues with the combination of engine and gearbox beforehand.

I read something in CAR Magazine about DSG's needing an oil change every 60 000kms at R4K a pop - is there truth to that?

THX a mil!
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Re: Caddy Alltrack TDI DSG

Post by Kavi4GP »

fiex wrote:Hi guys!

I was initially looking at the 1.0 TSI model (being more of petrol than diesel fan), but decided against it in the end. So I decided that if I'm going diesel, I might as well go all out and get the 103kW with DSG one.

Since I'm new to TDI's (and DSG's for that matter) - are there anything specific I should look out for, and/or take care of? I'm looking at 2018's with low mileage, but it's good to know if there are any issues with the combination of engine and gearbox beforehand.

I read something in CAR Magazine about DSG's needing an oil change every 60 000kms at R4K a pop - is there truth to that?

THX a mil!
Great car , yes needs a dsg service every 60000km , but shop around as dealers run specials , after warranty you can service it alot cheaper around R2k with higher spec oils.

Sent from my CPH1717 using Tapatalk

Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
fiex
Lieutenant
Registered for: 20 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta 6 1.4 TSi Comfortline

Post by fiex »

Kavi4GP wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm

THX a mil!
Great car , yes needs a dsg service every 60000km , but shop around as dealers run specials , after warranty you can service it alot cheaper around R2k with higher spec oils.

Thx for the info! I'm also assuming the DSG service will not be covered by the standard service plan hey?
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

fiex wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm

THX a mil!

Thx for the info! I'm also assuming the DSG service will not be covered by the standard service plan hey?
Think the first service is as it's a schedule service

Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX