Vw polo 1.9tdi asz cranks but no start

MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 4 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Polo 1.9tdi

Vw polo 1.9tdi asz cranks but no start

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

Howzit gents, I am new here I hope I can get assistance here with the battle I am having with my car..

I have a 05 polo 9n 6speed diesel polo for just over two years now. I have been driving the car every day with regular maintenance without an issue. The car has standard hardware with a rk file for fuel consumption.

Anyway my problems started around September while I was in MP I filled up with total 50ppm fuel as I always then I topped up with sasol 10ppm fuel a few days later and drove to work on my way I see clouds of heavy white smoke out my exhaust so i drive back home that evening and car is still smoking so i don't use it for the week.. come the weekend i try to start it and it battles to start eventually does but with a bad misfire and still smoking.. take out vcrs and check its injector no.2 faulty so I change it and I put injector cleaner in the tank and car is fome for about 500km then white smoke again misfire.. this time injector 3 so I changed it but car does not start. So I have to leave the province now back home i tow the car to the mech. Skimmed the head, change valve stem seals injector seals, tandem pump, camshaft position sensor, crank sensor, glow plugs, head gasket, fuel filters , relay 109 and 53, oil, even tried a diff intake diesel pump and a diff computer box still no start.. on occasion it will idle for less than 5secs then off again for days.. please assist gentz will be much appreciated. Car is offline for about 90days now and as you all know the pocket is tired. All input will be appreciated
Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: Vw polo 1.9tdi asz cranks but no start

Post by Dub rox »

MBK_1.9 TDi wrote:Howzit gents, I am new here I hope I can get assistance here with the battle I am having with my car..

I have a 05 polo 9n 6speed diesel polo for just over two years now. I have been driving the car every day with regular maintenance without an issue. The car has standard hardware with a rk file for fuel consumption.

Anyway my problems started around September while I was in MP I filled up with total 50ppm fuel as I always then I topped up with sasol 10ppm fuel a few days later and drove to work on my way I see clouds of heavy white smoke out my exhaust so i drive back home that evening and car is still smoking so i don't use it for the week.. come the weekend i try to start it and it battles to start eventually does but with a bad misfire and still smoking.. take out vcrs and check its injector no.2 faulty so I change it and I put injector cleaner in the tank and car is fome for about 500km then white smoke again misfire.. this time injector 3 so I changed it but car does not start. So I have to leave the province now back home i tow the car to the mech. Skimmed the head, change valve stem seals injector seals, tandem pump, camshaft position sensor, crank sensor, glow plugs, head gasket, fuel filters , relay 109 and 53, oil, even tried a diff intake diesel pump and a diff computer box still no start.. on occasion it will idle for less than 5secs then off again for days.. please assist gentz will be much appreciated. Car is offline for about 90days now and as you all know the pocket is tired. All input will be appreciated
White smoke sounds like turbo seals to me...
Or the car is runnig lean as heck. Did you have all the injectors cheked out as it could be that it is time to replace them with either new or recon units.

Sent from my VFD320 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
Dub rox
Cadet
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Post by Dub rox »

Did the car over heat? Or did it use alot of oil. Sorry. Just not clear why the head work was done.

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

White smoke is raw fuel. Did u replace all the Injector seals?
Grey smoke is oil.

What dtcs are present?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Since the head was off, are u sure that the timing was set correctly?

Is the Injector lash set correctly?

Are the fuel pipes in the correct way?

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
LoW n SloW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by LoW n SloW »

1. You dont skim the tdi head and i hope for your sake the "engineers" did not sand blast, if they did your injectors are probably poked by now (speaking from experience)
2. Your issues sound like they are timing related, although the timing is done physically, you still need to verify it on vcds but that is on idle
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Start by getting the car to someone who knows 1.9's backwards like TPH. Sounds like cam timing or injector lash problems.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Yeah without looking at at least things like does it see rpm and is it opening injectors etc etc any advise will just be guessing.
I have sen a turbo failure where it filled the coler to a level where air won't flow and thus no start. Assuming you have at least checked the intake system to see there is no oil in the pipes like that.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

Dub rox wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm
MBK_1.9 TDi wrote:Howzit gents, I am new here I hope I can get assistance here with the battle I am having with my car..

White smoke sounds like turbo seals to me...
Or the car is runnig lean as heck. Did you have all the injectors cheked out as it could be that it is time to replace them with either new or recon units.

I didn't check all of them out but I have another 3 recon ones I tried and nothing.. turbo still sounds and was moving fine when it was missing and smoking in September
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

Dub rox wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:29 pm Did the car over heat? Or did it use alot of oil. Sorry. Just not clear why the head work was done.

Never ever over heated before.. head was done cause I felt I have opened and closed it more than enough trying to start the car
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

panic-mechanic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am Yeah without looking at at least things like does it see rpm and is it opening injectors etc etc any advise will just be guessing.
I have sen a turbo failure where it filled the coler to a level where air won't flow and thus no start. Assuming you have at least checked the intake system to see there is no oil in the pipes like that.
Nah bro.. none of the above intake and turbo was taken off and no excessive oil anywhere bro.. don't know wth going on with my polo
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

LoW n SloW wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am 1. You dont skim the tdi head and i hope for your sake the "engineers" did not sand blast, if they did your injectors are probably poked by now (speaking from experience)
2. Your issues sound like they are timing related, although the timing is done physically, you still need to verify it on vcds but that is on idle
1. It was blasted bru just a skimmed and dimension check at engineers
2. Bru I wish I could get it to idle to check the timing
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

Ashveer03 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 am Since the head was off, are u sure that the timing was set correctly?

Is the Injector lash set correctly?

Are the fuel pipes in the correct way?

Fuels pipes and timing are correct.. I'm not sure about injectors lash pa
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

Ashveer03 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 pm White smoke is raw fuel. Did u replace all the Injector seals?
Grey smoke is oil.

What dtcs are present?

Injector seals all replaced. No dtcs present on vcrs bru that's the problem
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

MarshallGTi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am Start by getting the car to someone who knows 1.9's backwards like TPH. Sounds like cam timing or injector lash problems.
It is at a reputable mech here in Springfield Durban bru. Trial and error'ring
LoW n SloW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by LoW n SloW »

MBK_1.9 TDi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm
LoW n SloW wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am 1. You dont skim the tdi head and i hope for your sake the "engineers" did not sand blast, if they did your injectors are probably poked by now (speaking from experience)
Injector tips are probably clogged with the sand grits by now, take the injectors off and youll see what im talking about
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)
MBK_1.9 TDi
Enlisted

Post by MBK_1.9 TDi »

LoW n SloW wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:40 pm
MBK_1.9 TDi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm
Injector tips are probably clogged with the sand grits by now, take the injectors off and youll see what im talking about
Injector lash is set.. injector tips are clean bru no corrosion like I seen on some others
vwchico1,6i
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 7 months
Car Model: Golf 4 1.6 SR

Post by vwchico1,6i »

Im guessing the injector harness was check as that is also a common failure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

casperjjordaan
Cadet
Car Model: Polo 9N TDI ASZ (96KW)

Post by casperjjordaan »

Howdy. To be honest, the very first thing that came to my mind, is that, probably the cars motor, after all that was done to it should be fine.

However, my 9N Sportline's key fell. I had the exact same problem, now and the would start, 99% of the time it wouldn't, but the 1% of times it did, it died within about 4 seconds.

Turned out to be a shattered key responder inside my key. It might be worth your while to take it to a PROPER locksmith for them to check it out. New key + new Transponder + programming and cutting the key was approx R1 000.

Hope you get her sorted buddy.

What is your milage there?

Please keep us posted

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Casper Jordaan
www.accustoms.co.za

Current: 2005 Polo 9N 1.9 TDI (Oo oO) 96KW
Current: 2000 Mazda Rustler 160i (Immaculate!)
Current: 2013 Honda Brio
Ex: 2004 Honda CIVIC 170i VTEC
casperjjordaan
Cadet
Car Model: Polo 9N TDI ASZ (96KW)

Post by casperjjordaan »

Did you come right bud?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Casper Jordaan
www.accustoms.co.za

Current: 2005 Polo 9N 1.9 TDI (Oo oO) 96KW
Current: 2000 Mazda Rustler 160i (Immaculate!)
Current: 2013 Honda Brio
Ex: 2004 Honda CIVIC 170i VTEC