2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 Tdi

Heynsrod2580
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 Tdi

Post by Heynsrod2580 »

Good Morning
I trust you all are well, I recently bought a 2009 Tiguan 2.0 Tdi, it started overheating, I replaced the coolant reservoir cap, the big radiator fan and I have put in radiator sealant followed by new coolant. It did not overheat again after that, but then i have not yet drove it on the open road in excess of 120 kilometers, because I am afraid to, I had the vehicle at the workshop and they only diagnosed those parts I replaced. the reason for replacing the coolant reservoir cap is because its threads got stripped and it was not sealing, the big radiator fan was wobbly when it came on so much so that it was violently uneven and it was grinding a hole in the air duct running over it. i have spend a fair amount of money to get this fixed and I don't want to spend anymore. Please advice me on trouble shooting other causes of overheating so that I can explore that before spending anymore money or damage my engine.

Right now when I drive constantly stare at the heat gauge, when I get out of the vehicle I sort of see "90" in front of me none stop, it is frustrating. Also right now the engine light is lit up, when it first lit up I took it for diagnostic and they reset it, telling me that it is the intake manifold that has carbonized and it needs to be cleaned, initially it lit up then it goes away by itself then it lights up again, is there a "DIY" decarboniser I can buy and where can I buy it, then the ESP and tire deflation monitor lights lit up, they go away when I drive for a while but then lit up again, I did equally inflate the tires but it does not reset.

Apologies for the long message

I love this car, it is an absolute pleasure to drive and I don't want to loose it.
Please advice
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 Tdi

Post by panic-mechanic »

If the fans come on , run and then go off and the temps stay at 90 then the cooling must be sorted.
For the rest - get a scan done and post the actual codes. cannot even guess on what you are saying.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Heynsrod2580
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: 2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 Tdi

Post by Heynsrod2580 »

Thanx man appreciated. I will get scan done and post the codes