casperjjordaan
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9N TDI ASZ (96KW)

Polo 9N 96kw

Post by casperjjordaan »

My first post over on VWCSA, and I already feel welcome. Good day guys

I have a couple of things I need to ask and say so please bare with me. I am from the Woes-Rand so this might become a bit rof. Lolol
So I bought a 2005 9N Sportline with 176K km on the clock. The car was barely used for the best part of the last 5 years. It is no oil painting, but spending an entire day on polishing it over and over and over again really paid off. I should maybe also say that I am very technically minded and will do 99% of all maintenance myself. Problems that I need help with please:

1. The drivers door switch (that tells the interior lightning the door is open) doesn't work. This is making life tough with the auto arming of the alarm as it does not realize I've opened the door. Where is this switch located, how do I get to it, and where can I get a new one?
2. The rear fog lamps (which drives most people up the wall if wrongly used) doesn't work. I have replaced all the taillight globes, still nothing. Why not? Where do I begin checking?
3. The boost pipe with the 90deg bend that comes out of the intercooler had a hole on the inside of the bend, I've replaced it with a silicone bend, but the clamping is a problem. It now does not have the OE spring clamp, what can I do here to fix this?
4. The high level brake light doesn't work, where do I start to check it.
5.my car has the 6 disk in-dash CD shuttle, t I don't ooreen CD's anymore. Is there a way to modify the radio and put a Aux port in the place of the CD shuttle?
6. There is a wide plastic insert on the dash that sits right against the windshield and stretches all across the dashboard from left to right, mine is broken, where can I find another one?

Where can I get her Dyno'ed and what is the cost evolved?

Thank you so very much guys!

O, how do I post a picture here?
Casper Jordaan
www.accustoms.co.za

Current: 2005 Polo 9N 1.9 TDI (Oo oO) 96KW
Current: 2000 Mazda Rustler 160i (Immaculate!)
Current: 2013 Honda Brio
Ex: 2004 Honda CIVIC 170i VTEC
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Polo 9N 96kw

Post by Ashveer03 »

Welcome to the forum and the tdi world

1. The door switch is a micro switch thats located in the door lock. This is common on these cars the switch generally needs to be cleaned up properly. If im not mistaken theres a thread here showing a repair on this.
Unfortunately its really a mission to get to the switch. Doorpad needs to be removed and theres another plate thats riveted to the door.

2. The rear fog lamp depends, u could have a faulty switch i would test at the tail light fittings first.. does the rear fog cluster light come on?

3. I have seen a few cars were guys use the cheap silicone joiners (not the 4ply proper silicones) to fit over the joins with 2 clamps on each side. Not the proper way to fix it but if u in a jam then it should work for a bit..
Either get another oem hose, or do a front mount upgrade which is the best thing to do imo..

4. High level Brake light bulbs normally blow out or the connector at the light rusts out, those are the 2 common problems i have seen on them. A new 1 at vw costs about R600

5. Regarding the radio i dont know, most people go aftermarket.

6. The dash - again, another common thing. Unfortunately its not just that piece that can be changed. That piece is built into the upper part of the dash.
U get "covers/mats" that are cut to the shape that can be stuck on there - easiest and cheapest way to get it looking decent again..

Regarding the dyno, not sure in ur area but the cost should be around R250.

There are threads that tell u how to upload pics. U need to find a photo hosting site that u can upload to, then post the link of ur uploaded photo onto the forum.
If u on a phone, download an app called tapatalk - it has a built in photo hosting feature.

Start a rides thread of ur car while testing out the photo uploads

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Easiest photo hosting site at the moment is postimages.org

I think you can get an aux adapter for the radio that just plugs into the back of the head unit, just need to find the one meant for your radio so that it has the right plug. If you're in JHB call Tremor Audio, they should be able to help, otherwise like Ash said just get an aftermarket head unit.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
Rudi46
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 6 months
Car Make: Nike
Car Model: Walk and see more
Membership No: missing

Post by Rudi46 »

For the Radio you get a adapter that plugs in where the CD changer goes.
Then you can Play with Aux or a USB device.
Contact me as I have one that I wont be using anymore

Cheers

Rudi
Current - 1994 VW Caddy 1.8i
EX - 05 Audi A3 Sportback DSG 2TDI
Ex - 01 VW Golf MK4 TDi Estate
Ex - 00 Triumph Sprint ST(Stollen)
Ex - 83 Caddy
Ex - 02 Audi S3
Ex - Kartcraft Kestrel beach Buggy
Ex - 98 Golf Chico 2L
Ex - 01 Golf 4 Tdi
Ex - 92 Citi shuttle 2L
Ex - 90 Yamaha FZR1000
Ex - 90 Honda CBR400
Ex - 03 Honda NSR150SP
casperjjordaan
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Model: Polo 9N TDI ASZ (96KW)

Post by casperjjordaan »

Here is my Polo 9N TDI

Casper Jordaan
www.accustoms.co.za

Current: 2005 Polo 9N 1.9 TDI (Oo oO) 96KW
Current: 2000 Mazda Rustler 160i (Immaculate!)
Current: 2013 Honda Brio
Ex: 2004 Honda CIVIC 170i VTEC