Caddy 2.0 TDI

TheChefsKnife
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Caddy 2.0 TDI

Post by TheChefsKnife »

Howzit guys ,

Looking for some assistance regarding a caddy that I looking at purchasing. I am new to forum and the VW stable .

It’s a 2013 Panel Van Caddy . 2.0tdi variant . Currently sitting with around 155k Kms on the clock .

If had fsh and I did take it for a test drive .. seems to be very “torquey” very smooth right .. clutch seems a bit low or soft ? I’m not sure I come from an Opel background so not sure what to expect really .. engin noise didn’t seems rowdy .. did sound like it had an aftermarket induction fitted on the hiwway .. but everything is stock .. steering felt a bit loose if that’s the right word .

Anything I should be concerned about ? Any major issues with these caddy’s ? First time tdi owner too so a bit nervous about the whole thing ..

Any advise will be appreciated.. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Caddy 2.0 TDI

Post by panic-mechanic »

Only thing to check is thatbthe timing belt has already been replaced. Other than that not too many issues. Steering feeling can be lower rear control arm bushes. Common issue and not hard or expensive to replace
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
TheChefsKnife
Enlisted

Post by TheChefsKnife »

panic-mechanic wrote:Only thing to check is thatbthe timing belt has already been replaced. Other than that not too many issues. Steering feeling can be lower rear control arm bushes. Common issue and not hard or expensive to replace
Great stuff , thank you very much .. Image

TheChefsKnife
Enlisted

Post by TheChefsKnife »

panic-mechanic wrote:Only thing to check is thatbthe timing belt has already been replaced. Other than that not too many issues. Steering feeling can be lower rear control arm bushes. Common issue and not hard or expensive to replace
I did some checking up regarding the timing belt .. I checked the agents service history on the vehicle and it doesn’t seem like it was done . Any idea why it wouldn’t be done ? Also do these caddy’s have a belt or chain ?

I am checking with the owner if maybe they did it privately.

At what mileage is it normally done ?

Last question in the event it wasn’t done , who can I contact in durban to find out possible costs to do the timing belt ??

Thanks in advance

10side
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by 10side »

Just an Update... I’m officially the Owner of a Caddy ... very chuffed .

The cambelt and water pump was changed so happy days ..

panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Congrats and enjoy.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)